Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sy-subrc security check in code inspector deactivated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am planning to use code inspector for code review from security point of view.But I found the check of sy-subrc handling deactivated.

Please suggest how to activate the the check for sy-subrc.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anil

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

The code must react to the sy-subrc, otherwise the check is meaningless.

Cheers,

Julius

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if I understand your question but in code inspector you can define your own templates and use them for checking your code. So if standard template delivered by SAP does not cover all your tests then you can copy it and add missing checks.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

It also occured to me that possibly the expectation is that deactivated checks in SU24 are known to the Code Inspector.

This is not possible because SCI does not know about a sy-tcode context and SU24 must have a sy-tcode context to be able to deactivate a check.

Anyway, I agree that we need a clearer question here.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin,Julius for the replies.

When I go to Goto->Management of->Tests, I find the below check as decitvated. Hence while checking the code, desired results are not obtained.

CL_CI_TEST_SYSUBRC Check of SY-SUBRC Handling

I tried to create a new variant for my security check by copying from the existing one. But this check is not prompted for copy while doing it.

Regards,

Anil

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just logged to one system and it's active there. Can you activate it?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was due to missing object S_COV_ADM. I checked after adding that to my account.

I'm able to activate the checks.

Thanking all.

Regards,

Anil