cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to know can we make changes in the models created by other users. Can u do parallel development on the same model. Where are the models stored?

Also I wanted to know how can I get the option of deploying VC application in webdynpro. I saw in under Tools->Options->Compiler. But I found option for Flash and X-Graph only. I am using VC 7.0 SP7.

Please help.

Regards,

Aamod.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamod,

Have the user whose model you want to share save his/her models in the public area of you Visual Composer Directory structure. Any other user can then work on that model.

Regarding enabling Web Dynpro in VC take a look at SAP Note 928105. This will explain how to turn this on making it an available option.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried searching the note but it says note 928105 not avaliable. Could you please see whether this note number is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note is not yet released. Unfortunately, you have no email address maintained on your profile, otherwise I would have sent you the sneak preview of the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note is not yet released. Unfortunately, you have no email address maintained on your profile, otherwise I would have sent you the sneak preview of the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the quick response. I would really appreciate if you could send the note on following id: aamodd@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Aamod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I have made the changes in visual admin and now I can see webdynpro deployment option. I took a simple example of BAPI_BANK_GETLIST. Added an input form and simple output form using the BAPI. Then I compiled the application and deployed on portal. When I ran the application it gave "null pointer exception". Please let me know in such cases do i need to create JCO connections in the portal. I saw in the webdynpro content admin and found the application created but there were no JCO connection created.

Please guide me on what should be the steps performed when deploying webdynpro application using VC.

Regards,

Aamod.

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Webdynpro support is not 100% supported yet, that is why you have to specifically enable it. Please check that the issues you have work in flex, if the problem is only in the webdynpro runtime then you should wait for a newer release before wasting time on trying to sole problems which may be fixed in subsequent releases.

Jarrod Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have NW04s - SP7.

The VC compiler list shows only 'Flash' and 'XGraph'.

Can we have other compiler options especially WebDynpro.

Still the note '928105' not released.

Can anyone please send me the procedure/notes info to

ragavanmail@gmail.com.

Is there any chance for HTMLB compiler or just HTML compiler if available and the procedure.

I really appreciate your reply

Thanks

Ragavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need at least SPS8 to get WebDynpro. Still, WebDynpro and Flash capabilities are different and not all features are available in both.

HTML/B is phased out.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the same model you cannot work at the same time with different users. But you can - as Scott already mentioned - save it in the Public area and others can also access and edit the model (when nobody else edits it at the same time).