Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Codeing mask

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are Implimenting PS for the first time, during coding the WBS element i am facing a problem,

we have requirement to control the cost till the last level so we ahve gone for 7 level WBS,

but system is taking only 16 digits, after that it allows but system displays only 16 digits, is there any setting for this or we have adjust in 16 charecters only, pls advise.

also advise on whether budjet control is only through WBS or we can control with activities also?

Regards,

Mandar Mahuli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all read sap help.

Coding mask can be maxed upto 24 chars.

7 levels are high number of levels though.

budgeting is only at wbs level.

Regards,

Harsh.

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you sir,

Actually our management wants the structure as below,

EX.ATSU11 - Project ID (Expantion Project @ athani for 2011)

EX.ATSU11.1201 - (1201is plant code - athani sugars.)

EX.ATSU11.1201.1 - (1 is main heads - line P&M)

EX.ATSU11.1201.1.cv - (sub heads like civil, mechanical)

EX.ATSU11.1201.1.cv.p - (p - procurments)

EX.ATSU11.1201.1.cv.p01 - ( 001 is last item say cement, or steel)

but after 16th digit i.e. p.cv01 is not appearing in WBS element coloumn,

i.e after 16th digit up to 24 digits the system is accepting the coads but not able to display on the screen.

our management wnats to control the cost at such a minute level so i am forced to go for so long level of WBS as we cant control the budject vs cost in activity level.

i am not a consultant, i am a core user so need ur help in this regard.

also pls suggest me some user guide, or a model of PS cycle if you have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need a consultant for proper structuring of business requirements; better ask the management to hire a consultant.

for guide as i already told read sap help;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/04/926eae46f311d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Harsh.

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

we have hired the consultant a year back he has configured well but due to some problem management has postponded the implimentation, which is now re started,

at that time we have tested the WBS up to 4 levels, and found ok but now the only problem is after 16 digit WBS elements are not displaying.

any wy thanks for the link sir will go through the same. and any problem i will revert back.

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mandar,

limit of 24 characters is including your special characteres also. In you case you alredy consumed 24 characters. please count including special chatacters ". and -" also.

regards,

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Including spl charectors if the length of WBS is increased more than 16 digit the system is allowing but its not displaying.

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

please check in setting for special characters for project ID what value is maintained is it 2 or more than 2 ?

In your case it should be 2.

Aslo check for the structiral length restriction.

regards,

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradip,

in our case of config the values are as below

PL - 5

SL - blank (no tik mark)

ET - @

SP - .,>,-,<,= etc

Edit - Blank (no tik mark)

A No - %

with this config

i am able to create WBS

GP/BP11.P.CT.CV - GP/BP11 BHRPOW/COOLING TOWER-CIVIL

but when i go to next level

GP/BP11.P.CT.CV.PR - GP/BP11 BHRPOW/COOLING TOWER-CIVIL-SUP

system is accepting but displaying only GP/BP11.P.CT.CV. , no problem in discription. only in WBS element coloumn.

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

my problem is solved,

actually we have make adjustement in mask id filed, but the display can only be 16 digits.