cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales doc archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to archive SD docs for previous years using SARA. However, when I run the pre-processor job for sales docs, the spool shows me some docs can not be archived because they have in-progress status or subsequent docs are not complete. if I carry on with the subsequent archiving steps would the Users face any issues later. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It actually might not allow to archive such documents. If the preceding document (e.g. order) is archived but a subsequent document is not completed then when the users try to further process the incomplete document, they might not be able to do that. Further processing of subsequent documents causes updates in the preceding documents (e.g. statuses) and if there is no document found, I'm not sure what would happen.

Technically there shouldn't be any old incomplete documents in the system. My recomendation would be to complete or cancel the documents (this needs to be done by the business users). Incomplete documents should be reviewed on regular basis, oherwise they might cause issues down the road.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your response. However, when I go through spool of SD_VBAK i find that it doesnt archive the sales docs for following reasons:

1. accounting doc for subsequent order not cleared

2. doc not archivable because of status check

3. subseqent doc (order) is not complete

4. subsequent order (delivery) is not complete

I am following the archiving seq: mat docs -> deliveries -> billing docs -> sales docs

under this scenario is it possible that the preceding doc is archived as mentioned in your mail above because for each doc it performs a check on the doc flow/status?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestions pls....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the users with the list and confirm withthem that they're ok with archiving these docs.

Of course they won't be able to see the documents once archived--there.is a separate

process for retrieval.