cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to display a Disclaimer on the request CUP request form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

As part of the organizational Request, I need to include a disclaimer on the AE request form, the person needs to agree or disagree to the disclaimer during submission/approval.

I tried doing it in multiple ways but was not able to succeed with the requirement:

Approach 1: Custom field "DROP DOWN" text made it mandatory field to select the either the user agrees to the disclaimer or not. The issue with it is the disclaimer is about 200 characters and the field restriction on the custom field is 40 characters. Does not work as I intended to.

Approach 2: Custom Field "Text" made the field as default and provided the default 200 character sentences into the text field. Though I provided the default value it does not show up in the text box and comes up blank, does not solve the requirement.

Optimal approach : If could do a disclaimer on the request form with a check box and force the user/approver to check the box would solve the purpose.

Do anyone of you can suggest or show a way where either I can increase the drop down text size from 40 to 200 characters or display the disclaimer with a check box or probably I can then use the drop down list as "Agree" vs. "Disagree"? Will be helpful.

I have also need to make a validation that states not to approve/provision the access if the disclaimer is set to 'disagree"

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Angara Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings All,

As an update to my earlier question. SAP came back asking me to log this an an enhancement for future releases using SAP note 1575897 . I have logged it with them and hopefully we will see an solution in hot packs/Next releases.

As a current solution, We have placed a disclaimer text on the Portal Landing page and have marked with a "Accept" or "Decline" push buttons. The push buttons stores the user identity, date and Time stamp in a custom table for validating purpose and while the accept button launches the GRC CUP application.

The above was created as a prototype and not currently in use untill signed off from the concerned department head & Global policy head asking for this information.

Best Regards,

Angara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are the alternatives:

1. Make sure you have a Policy to complete the Agreement before raising the request.

2. Include a disclaimer page in the Support page (which is displayed on the main screen) and include a custom field to read and accept the disclaimer (which was in the main page).

The default settings will not allow you to further customize and include 200 characters or more.

Regards,

Raghu