cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom tool error: "Code generator 'ReportCodeGenerator' failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a legacy application built in an earlier version of Visual Studio. The project was converted to Visual Studio 2010 and when I attempt to view reports I get the following error:

================================================================================

Error 2 Custom tool error: "Code generator 'ReportCodeGenerator' failed. Exception stack = CrystalDecisions.Shared.CrystalReportsException: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: UFL 'u25samp1.dll' that implements this function is missing.

Error in File CBC2 {ABC63E6A-C35C-46B1-8D6C-9DDFB9F9D397}.rpt:

Error in formula phone:

'picture({fac.fac_tel}, '(xxx) xxx-xxxx')

'

UFL 'u25samp1.dll' that implements this function is missing.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.CodeGen.ReportClassWriter..ctor(String filePath)

at CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.CodeGen.ReportClassWriter..ctor(String filePath, String resourceNamespace)

at CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.CodeGen.ReportCodeGenerator.GenerateCode(String inputFileName, String inputFileContent)" C:\Users\tsygitowicz\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\startportal\ST@RTPortal\Reports\CBC2.rpt 1 1 ST@RTPortal

========================================================================================

The missing file is actually on my hard drive in the path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin

I also placed it in my project bin directory as well.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Only version of CR runtime supported in VS 2010 is CR for VS 2010, see this page for all downloads:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/crystalreports-dotnet ( bottom of the page )

Copy the UFL to the

C:Program Files (x86)SAP BusinessObjectsCrystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0CommonSAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0win32_x86

It's also only a 32 bit UFL. If you need to build one for x64 then search kbase for a sample UFL in .net and write your own version.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no idea what you are asking me to do. What is a UHL? I'm running Visual Studio 2010 on a 64-bit OS. I've tried downloading the complete package and the 64-bit distributable - I assume it's installing the software in the Program Files path but every instance of the file causing the problem looks like the same version.

I am new to business objects ... could you provide a more verbose explanation to help me correct the error?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Error: UFL 'u25samp1.dll' that implements this function is missing.

A UFL is a User Function Library that you or anyone can write as well as we shipped a few samples. Search your PC, it is a sample UFL that someone is in a report you are trying to load. Possibly someone also modified the sample which is why the indicates the function can't be found. If that's the case you'll have to find that project... Or if you have an older version of you app still available then try renaming the current one and copy the old one over...

Are you creating a 64 bit app?

Set your project for x86 or x64 and not AnyCPU.

Set your Framework to Full not Client.

The UFL file does exist in both:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x86

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64

There could be a number of reasons, try creating a new report with nothing but a text object in it and see if that works.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I uninstalled Crystal Reports and installed the Complete Package (EXE). When I navigate to the directory you reference I find that the file u25samp1.dll is already present, version 13.0.1.220. Another version exists in the path root\Program Files(x86)\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin version 10.5.0.1943.

I'm still getting the error: UFL 'u25samp1.dll' that implements this function is missing.

0 Kudos

And what about the rest of the tests?

"Are you creating a 64 bit app?

Set your project for x86 or x64 and not AnyCPU.

Set your Framework to Full not Client.

There could be a number of reasons, try creating a new report with nothing but a text object in it and see if that works."

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a OLAP Crystal Report(Version CR 2008)which is using the SSAS data cube.ABle to see the drilldown options in the CR tool.

But When I try to embed this in ASP.net (2008) crystal report viewer, I am getting the error like "Not able to open OLAP Cube"

Please need the code to connect OLAP Crystal report or need assistance

Answers (0)