cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.3 Upgrade from SAP PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Just a small clarification on PI 7.3 upgrade.

In the document, Decision making factors when moving to SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.3 - Upgrade or New

Installation with Phase-out, it is mentioned that

If you plan on taking advantage of the performance benefits of the Advanced Adapter Engine

Extended (AEX), please be aware that there is no upgrade path to move your existing PI to a

java-only AEX. This includes the AAE (Advance Adapter Engine) available with PI 7.1 and PI

7.11. The AAE is the runtime for the AEX but the AEX is more than just the AAE and the AAE

*cannot be upgraded to an AEX*

The second exception is if you are planning on moving scenarios to the AEX that you currently have

running on the AAE. This will require a new installation of the AEX (as stated earlier, the AAE cannot

be upgraded to an AEX) and a change to the configuration of the AAE scenarios

I am just littel bit confused with above statments. My case is as below.

We have SAP PI 7.1 EHP 1 (i.e) SAP PI 7.11 with ABAP and AAE. Most of our interfaces are in AAE and now planning to upgrade to PI 7.3 with both stack (i.e) ABAP and Advanced adapter engine Extended.

My questions are,

1) Can we upgrade our PI to PI 7.3 with both stacks? i don't want to install a new system

2) the above two points are valid if we want to have java only AEX. am i correct

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found out:)