cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

node funcitons

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

I am new to xi now i want to use node functions all functions i can use directly by mapping editor. But i want to write that funtions in to UDFS. I don't know how to write please guide if any one knows. where can i find the source code for those funtions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> where can i find the source code for those functions.

The source code of the node functions won't help you for using the same logic in UDF.

But if you know the logic and know Java, then you will figure out easily.

I have done this for formatByExample here:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2005/12/30/test-user-defined-functions-for-the-xi-graphical-mapping-tool-in-developer-studio

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathima,

To write UDF's which can replace node functions, you need to understand how context and queues can be utilized in UDF's.

The folowing articles explain this

/people/rohit.kalugade/blog/2009/02/09/context-and-queue-in-message-mapping-udf-150-part2

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/08/mapping-context-changes-in-xi

/people/peter.bujacek/blog/2011/05/10/queue-in-message-mapping-udf--complement

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/09/introduction-to-queues-in-message-mapping

These blogs will help you write alternative java code to replace node functions.

regards

Anupam

Edited by: anupamsap on Sep 2, 2011 1:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not sure whether u will actually find source code for the different Node functions...but what u can do is that u can try to learn and create simple UDF'S and then u can go for replicating node functions using ur custom udf...

chk this wiki...(u will find lot of blogs related to UDFS and all)

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/PI7.0and7.1Mapping-Blogs,Articles,Wiki,CodeSamplesandVideos+Collections