cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco. Err

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

i've installed SUP 1.5.5 with JCO sapjco-ntamd64-2.1.10. When I try to connect with SAP I met this error:

- JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.

I followed two guides and I found an inconcistency.

In the link http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.pubs.docset-SUP-1.5.5/doc/h...

the guide shows the steps to configure JCo. One of them is:

4.Copy (or replace if they already exist) librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll into:

◦<WINDOWS_HOME>\System32

◦<WINDOWS_HOME>\JDK\bin

◦<UnwiredPlatform_InstallDir>\Servers\UnwiredServer\lib

The step above is different from the guide inside the <JCO DIR>/docs/jco/installation.html where it explains, in the section "Attention", to perfom it in the opposite way.

"

Attention: Do not copy the sapjcorfc.dll neither into the {windows-dir}\system32 nor into the {windows-dir}\SysWOW64 directory. This will break the operability of other JCo versions that are already installed on the same system. Furthermore you would risk that the current installation also would not work anymore, if the sapjcorfc.dll gets replaced in the respective Windows system directory in the future.

"

Does someone know the right procedure to configure JCo correctly? Thanks a lot for your support!

Best Regards,

Paolo Spanevello

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow below steps and let me know in case of any issues. I guess your OS is 32-bit.

Copy librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll into C:\WINDOWS\System32

Copy librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll into C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\JDK1.6.0_16\bin

Copy sapjco.jar into :\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Unwired_WorkSpace\Eclipse\sybase_workspace\mobile\eclipse\plugins\com.sybase.uep.com.sap.mw.jco_2.0.1.201107051427\lib

Copy sapjco.jar into C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\lib\3rdparty