cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to move stock from storage location A to B. Both are managed by WM.

Storage location A, warehouse number 200

Storage location B, warehouse number 400

We need to move stock from 200 to 400. Which is the transacction? It s posible indicate more than one material per document?

Thanks in advance for the help

Regards

Enzo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer this question, more information needs to be provided:-

1) Are A & B under same plant?

2) If not, are both plants under same company code?

3) Shall one-step or two-step process be used, considering the physical distance between warehouse 200 and 400, authorisation to post goods movement on both receiving and issuing sides etc.?

Assuming both s.locs are under the same plant and one step is to be used, you can initiate the movement on IM level by using movement type 311 (TCode MB1B). This will generate two TRs - one for picking from 200, another for putaway into 400. Convert both TRs to TO and confirm them to finish the transfer process.

Alternative processes would be: 1) two step transfer in IM, 2) stock transport order.

It s posible indicate more than one material per document?

Yes, you can include different materials in one document.

Edited by: YorkD on Sep 2, 2011 4:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

YorD thanks for your answer.

1) Are A & B under same plant?

Yes

2) If not, are both plants under same company code?

3) Shall one-step or two-step process be used, considering the physical distance between warehouse 200 and 400, authorisation to post goods movement on both receiving and issuing sides etc.?

We are using two step process (313).

My question was if it is possible to do a movement directly in WM between 200 to 400. Not trhough IM (MB1B).

We are doing a moving and i wanto to be sure that the process we chose for this activity is the best...(313 movement type through IM --> MB1B).

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Enzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your storage locations are HU managed you can do transfer thru VLMOVE i believe...if not try to execute thru LT01.

But this is not good practice doing with out reference...i would suggest go thru MM process.

Kuber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo,

you mean, do a transfer from one sloc/stype/bin directly to another sloc/stype/sbin? If so, no...

If it's just a movement from one sloc to another sloc and keep the stock in the same stype and sbin... maybe yes!

André Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gracias André

Estamos mudando de almacén. Los dos, tanto el de recepción como el de emisión se gestionan por WM.

Nosotros estamos utilizando la transacción MB1B movimiento 313 y funciona OK. Quizá sería mas sencillo para nosotros poder indicar también en este movimiento tipo de almacén y ubicación, lo cual no es posible.

Por este motivo estamos consultando si existe una transacción en WM que pueda hacer este movimiento entre números de almacén.

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta.

Saludos

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it's not possible. But if you are working live, I would let the system decide where to store the materials... I would, preform the 313 movement and create the TO's automatically. Label the pallets with the TO and let the forklift drivers confirm the TO's (easier if you are using RF).

It would serve as a test to the putaway strategies you have.

Cumprimentos,

André Costa