Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.1 and PCo 2.1.5.1

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Hopefully this will be easy points for someone. I am trying, for the first time, to connect our MII 12.1 to a newly install PCo 2.1.5.1.

I also have a Phoenix Contact OPC DA server installed on the PCo server and (I think) I have PCo configured to see the Phoenix server.

All I am trying to do now is configure MII to be able to do a TAG query through PCo. I tried creating a UDC Data Server (no PCo option was available). I used the PCo server's IP address and, at this point, I have tried a variety of ports (not sure how to tell which is correct).

Can someone please point me in the right direction or point me toward some documentation that might be helpful?

Note that we have successfully been using MII 11.5 talking to UDS and a Phoenix OPC server. We are trying to get the same kind of thing working with MII 12.1 and PCo.

Thank you!

-Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention an important piece of info. This is the error I am seeing in the MII log:

java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

-Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PCo, look for the Query Ports tab of your configured Agent. The Legacy port (default on my system is 9001) is for Tag Queries, and the MII port is for PCo Queries which show up in the WB in 12.2.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using the same 11.5 UDC data server configuration in your 12.1 system should also work (12.1 tag query pointing to the already running UDS).

Swapping the data server port and IP address (or just port if they are on the same server) should allow you to toggle your 12.1 application tests between the UDS serviing up the OPC data as compared to PCO.