cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS PM Maintenance / Work Order Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am trying to link a PM Work order to a PS WBS element and have the following concerns:

1. The Actual costs, committed costs, planned costs, etc. do not show up in the PS reports. The order is not settling through PS but I was under the impression that it did not have to, at least not to show committed costs. It is simply linked in the Additional Data tab of the Work Order. I have run CJEN and still, no costs are coming over.

2. We are ECC6 EHP 3. There is no visibility of a connected Work Order in CJ20N. The only report I've seen that actually shows work orders connected is CN41, which suffers from the Controlling area currency issue. Does anyone know if there is a better way to determine if a work order is connected? Does EHP5 give any increased visibility in CJ20N? (I know if you connect it to a network activity, the subnetwork flag will be checked but this is not what we are looking for)

3. Can you actually schedule Work Orders in the PS Planning Board? I have visibility if they are connected to a Network and I click the Orders button but it seems you can't actually schedule them in there.

4. Is there any visibility in PS over hours allocated on a Work order? Planned or Confirmed? Ideally, I could run a PS report that would give a breakdown of hours, not just costs, on connected work orders. We can't use the Network orders for hours since our time collection processes utilize the Work Orders.

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shaun ,

1. The Actual costs, committed costs, planned costs, etc. do not show up in the PS reports. The order is not settling through PS but I was under the impression that it did not have to, at least not to show committed costs. It is simply linked in the Additional Data tab of the Work Order. I have run CJEN and still, no costs are coming over

The Cost will appear only if you settle mainteance order to corresponding WBS Element or Network. By maintaining PS data (Network & activity) in additional tab of the Maintenance Order only scheduled dates of PS will pass to it. You can see the MO Basic start & end automatically gets changed.

2. We are ECC6 EHP 3. There is no visibility of a connected Work Order in CJ20N. The only report I've seen that actually shows work orders connected is CN41, which suffers from the Controlling area currency issue. Does anyone know if there is a better way to determine if a work order is connected? Does EHP5 give any increased visibility in CJ20N? (I know if you connect it to a network activity, the subnetwork flag will be checked but this is not what we are looking for)

I dont think even in EHP5 , from CJ20N we see connected orders.

3. Can you actually schedule Work Orders in the PS Planning Board? I have visibility if they are connected to a Network and I click the Orders button but it seems you can't actually schedule them in there.

If network is scheduled , automatically dates will be copied to Maintenance order. there is no point in rescheduling Maintenance order once again.

4. Is there any visibility in PS over hours allocated on a Work order? Planned or Confirmed? Ideally, I could run a PS report that would give a breakdown of hours, not just costs, on connected work orders. We can't use the Network orders for hours since our time collection processes utilize the Work Orders.

After work order is confirmed or partially confirmed you have do confirmation in PS Network activity , then overall progress of project gets updated.

Edited by: Srinivas Narayana Gowda on Sep 2, 2011 3:07 PM

Edited by: Srinivas Narayana Gowda on Sep 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

The settlement rule had nothing to do with it. Settlement is not required to gain visibility into the costs. It seems that I needed to run CJEN without the "delete" flag selected. Not sure why this made the difference but it did. As for the hours visibility, you can see those in the CNS reports.

I am hoping to see better visibility into connected orders in CJ20N in upcoming SAP releases. So if anyone from SAP is listening, take note!

Edited by: Shaun Phelps on Sep 6, 2011 5:48 PM