cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMANUP where to find upgrade master DVD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're upgrading sol.man. 701 to 71. I've used mopz to download all files, I'm using SOLMANUP to run the upgrade.

I'm still in the "Extraction phase", where I'm supposed to point out the directories for the upgrade. It complains for

"Enter at least the mount point containing "Upgrade master DVD" The requested Data Carrier is not mounted on any of the mount points you entered."

Where can I find Upgrade master DVD? At SWDC there are only Installation master DVD. and that is not working. Do I need to download the whole 12 files of Upgrade Export DVDS?

I can't find any logfiles to check what files sapup is looking for.

Why the h-l doesn't mopz supply all needed files for an upgrade?

Please advice!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Where can I find Upgrade master DVD? At SWDC there are only Installation master DVD. and that is not working. Do I need to download the whole 12 files of Upgrade Export DVDS?

> Why the h-l doesn't mopz supply all needed files for an upgrade?

Yes.

The upgrade itself is on the DVDs, the stuff you donwload is been installed on top of that (included). Upgrades are no EHP installations and hence need to be done separately with the DVDs.

This information can also be found in the upgrade guide (Page 22 - Data Carrier).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, missed that part in the guide!

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, doing this for the first time, bit what exaclty did I miss. I entered Kernel DVDs and Upgrade Export directories in this dialogue but sill get the message "enter at least the mount point of Upgrade Master DVD".

When I extract Download foir Material 51039400 I only get twi directories with the upgrade export.

What did I miss?

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still have problem, SAP is working on my issue. It seems to be a problem in SOLMANUP. I've heard about other customers having the same problem.

Open an OSS, give SAP ssh access to your system and wait... I've been waiting for over two weeks now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wrong!

Check note 1462137

"Phase READDATA_USRENV

Description: The PREPARE stops with the following message:

Enter at least the mount point containing "Upgrade master DVD"

Solution: Download the following UM_USER_ENV files for your platfrom

from SMP and provide them in the directory created for the content of

the Kernel DVD:

- SOLMAN 7.1 UM_USER_ENV for DBINDEP

- SOLMAN 7.1 UM_USER_ENV for <your_database>"

I downloaded the two files, after that the installation continued.

In my case

51040868_16 Solman 7.1 UM_USER_ENV for DBINDEP

51040868_15 Solman 7.1 UM_USER_ENV for DB6

When you download all files (12 for AIX) and extract them the result is two directories, so that is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this was verys helpful.

Now I get stuck at a further stage, In step configuration I did select the XML Stack file of Support Package Stack 3 which is included in DVD 51041574.

After checking EPS/in I get the following error:

ERROR: Unable to generate addon queue due to missing addons or support packages.

Missing Addon(s):

ST-BCO 710

The Enhancement Package Stack does not fit to the current system.

SP01 of ST-BCO 710 is included in EPS/in

Does anybody have an idea, what this is about?

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be you manually have to copy these files into /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in ? You're sure the files are downloaded correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes all files are downloaded correctly and are stored in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in

I even did download this certain package again

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said

"Now I get stuck at a further stage, In step configuration I did select the XML Stack file of Support Package Stack 3 which is included in DVD 51041574. "

The XML-file is created by your MOPZ and should be located in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

Check that!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case I am not yet able to create the file via MOPZ because the SOLMAN is not yet on release 7.1. Therefore SAP provides the whole SP content via DVD. So I am using the XML which is included in the DVD. The file also is in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in

I will try the same thing without implementing the SP stacks and apply it later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

doesn´t work. I cannot start the phase from the beginning without selecting the SP Stack file. Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry..

My solutionamangersystem is on 701, I downloaded the files and calculated via MOPZ. That will create a XML-file for the upgrade to 7.1.

I also had to download the upgrademaster, language, java DVDs from sapnet, I even downloaded installationsmaster DVD.

But this is just my site, so just guessing!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, than, lets try it that way

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have downloaded all the DVD from SAP Portal only. Just used the upgrade XML provided with SPS03 DVD during the configuration phase as I had faced similar issue while selecting the XML generated by Mopz.

Try:

1) Adding the DVD of SPS03.

2) Instead of separate folder for download of Mopz, copy all the content in Download Directory.

3) Uncar all the .SAR file using command for mass uncar and copy it to Trans/EPS/IN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello . I have same

After checking EPS/in I get the following error:

ERROR: Unable to generate addon queue due to missing addons or support packages.
Missing Addon(s):

ST-BCO 710

The Enhancement Package Stack does not fit to the current system.

The solution for me is download and Uncar the ST-BCO 710: Add-On Upgrade

because, after latest patches in our SOL MAN 7.0 EHP 1, new BCO 400 component are added and the

ST-BCO 710: Add-On Installation not work now.

Regards.

Answers (0)