cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Transactions in ECC for Master Data changes in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a basic Design question on how to handle the impact of Data changes in MDM for any open transactions with that Master object. For eg if we have a Material set up in MDM and in ECC and there are open Purchase Orders for that Material, now if the Base Unit of Measure is changed in MDM and gets harmonized to ECC(After Workflow approval of the Change) how will it impact the PO attached to the material . Can we do any configuration in ECC that will restrict any Open PO s not to take the new changed value and any new POs taking up the new Base Unit of Measure , or can we set up an alert/notification that will trigger for a PO whenever any Master Data is changed and the PO takes the new changed value on the fly . What will be the best approach from a solution point of view .

Thanks ,

Prabuddha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabuddha

I don't think that is sap mdm problem because data transfer are dependence of used method(RFC, BAPI) on

ECC side.

But i think, if you get new Base Unit of Measure from mdm this exchange doesn't apply to your opened PO.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate a bit , we are using standard IDOC mechanisms to post Master Data changes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

In ECC if a change happens to a master data not all the changes are reflected automatically in the open documents like open PO or open Sales order. Some fields values have to be redetermined for eg: "pricing procedure", some of them needs to be changed manually for eg: "Description". Moreover specific to your eg of Base unit of measure, this is a sensitive field and has lot of impact on the process so there for changing such fields it is necessary to close all the open documents against the Master data record in consideration. This fact is regardless whether the change happens through an IDoc or directly by MM02/XK02/XD02

Prabudha, Please revert if you have further questions.

Best Regards

P T Manoj

Edited by: PT MANOJ on Sep 2, 2011 10:25 PM