Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO workflow stuck in Approval Process

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having issue with PO Workflow approval using n-step badi. The system is using srm 7.0 with application controlled workflow.

During approval process suppose there are approvers A,B,C,D and the approval is done by A then B and goes to approver C. During this stage the item is forwarded to approver X who approves the item but the item still appears in the X's inbox and the workflow is stuck at this stage. The Approval log shows the approval is pending for decision for approval.

Any idea where to check whats going wrong. There is no error in the workflow at any stage. Also as a workaround is there any way I can manually trigger the approval for this step alone to resume the workflow process to next level?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The problem is even though the user is clicking on Approve the work item still exists in the users inbox and the work item status is ready in swi5. Is there any way to simulate the approval and check for any issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

AFter approving the PO, what is the status of PO (ordered ?) and also let me know the the value against AWAITING APPROVAL in CRM_JEST under BBP_PD

Also please check any entrry is available in lock table.

thanks

Rajesh K

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use SWI1 to check SC workflow log.

It seems your SC approbation loops at same process level : check its evaluation ID and event assigned to this evaluation ID. This should explaine why same process level is triggered inside a loop.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if notes 1580085 and 1453553 are applied. If not, please apply them and retest the issue.

Thanks,

Melina

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melina,

Thanks for the note but it seems you have misunderstood the issue. The PO is forwarded for approval to X by different user and after approving also the work item remains in the users inbox. In the workflow log also the status does not seem to be updated.

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone got any other hints as where can i check, i am not sure as the workflow log shows not approved even if the approve button is clicked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

What is the current status of PO ?

Please share the CRM_JEST status with us.

Also please check the user X by using SWI5 and let us know that work item is still pendign with him or not.

Try to use SWIA and process the workitem if the status does not have as COMPLETED.

Thanks

Rajesh K

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The CRM_JEST entries are given below

4E4DCC16D81C031FE1008000C02522CE I1009 001

4E4DCC16D81C031FE1008000C02522CE I1015 X 002

4E4DCC16D81C031FE1008000C02522CE I1021 001

4E4DCC16D81C031FE1008000C02522CE I1038 X 002

4E4DCC16D81C031FE1008000C02522CE I1039 001

4E4DCC16D81C031FE1008000C02522CE I1180 X 002

In the actual scenario the PO has 6 level of approvals, first 3 level has been completed, for the 4th approver the PO was forwarded to another approver X. In SWI5 the workitem is showing as Ready.

I havent done SWIA as I wanted to check if any way I can trace out the root cause of issue as I have another similar issue created today. Also I dont have authorization to complete manually in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If workitem is peding with X approver then please ask him to approve the PO. What is the issue on this ?

Once he approves then please let us kno wthe status of workitem. YOu can get this in SWI6.

If any error occurs, please check the same in SWI2_DIAG and let us know the same.

If workitem gets stuck, please check the appropriate table and release it.(BBP_WFLOCK)

Thanks

Rajesh K