Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGE THE SAMPLE QTY IN INSPECTION LOT

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

I was created a inspection lot with a inspection plan under this inpection plan i was assigned a sampling procedure

Now i need to change the sample qty in inspection lot either manually or assigning new sampling procedure to the inspection lot

how i can do that ,wether std sap have any functionality on this

waiting for any tips

Thanks in advance

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

You can reset the calculation by running transaction QAC3, just give lot number as input, enter and save, the lot will get CRTD status again. Now change sample quantity in plan, go to QA02 and re-do sample calculation in the lot. Please note if you have chosen100% inspection in sampling type in your sampling procedure, changing sample quantity will not affect sample calculation and the inspection lot size will be always calculated as the sample size. In that case you can change sampling type to fixed sample, change sample quantity and run QA02 to re-calculate sample.

Regards

Sm

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI SM

After QAC3 Transaction the lot was with CRTD status and in QA02 transaction how we can change sample qty?

in sample tab i press sample button system assign same qty iteself....Pls guid me how to go further

Faisal

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

First check in material master for the material. In the inspection type related to the lot if 100% inspection is chosen, de-select it. Otherwose sample quantity will always be same as lot quantity.

Then check in assignments tab of your sampling procedure. If you have chosen 100% inspection, whatever you change your sample quantity in inspection plan to, system will consider the inspection lot quantity as sample quantity. So please change it to fixed sample, save, reassign to plan. Now change sample quantity in plan, save

Now run QA02.

If your lot has been created due to an order (if it is a 04 lot), then after changing plan, you have to cancel your GR and re-do it.You will get a new lot with changed sample quantity and in REL status (provided you don't have 2 counters of inspection plan for same usage 05 in the above case).

Since you said you have assigned sampling procedure to inspection plan (and not recipe) i assume we are not discussing 03 lot here.

Please test and revert.

Regards

Sm.

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SM

From your asnwer (Now change sample quantity in plan)

What you mean by plan...It is the inspection plan or inspection lot? pls verify

I have make status as CRTD from the t code QAC3

but i am not able to change any thing in sample tabe in QA02 t code

If i am doing wrong way pls shout me

thanks again

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to change the Sampling Procedure in the Inspoection Plan and re-assign this plan to the inpection lot.

So first create a sampling procedure(QDV1) with the sampling qty as required, assign this to your Inspection Plan(QP02) and then goto Inspection lot in change mode (QA02) and save.

Naik

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

You have to change the sasmpling procedure in the inspection plan. After you have reset sample in QAC3

1. First you have to change the sampling procedure to fixed sample (assuming you have 100% inspection at present) in QDV2

or

create a new sampling procedure (as Naik remarked) with fixed sample in QDV1

2. then assign the changed sampling procedure in the inspection plan through QP02

3. then assign a sample quantity in the inspection plan in the same transaction (QP02) for the inspection characteristic to be inspected

4. Save the inspection plan, and run QA02 where you re-assign the updated inspection plan and re-do sample calculation

For GR based lot i have already stated what has to be done. In case of an inspection lot caused due to the GR from a process or purchase order, cancel the GR. The inspection lot is also cancelled. Then follow steps 1 to 3. In the 4th step after saving the inspection plan, simply do the GR again, It should work out.

I assume you have confirmed that 100% inspection is not selected for the particular inspection type in the material master of that material. That is the first thing you should check as stated at the begining of my intial reply.

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Sep 4, 2011 5:04 PM

Answers (0)