cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User propagation with actual user on PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

is it possible to pass on logon tickets through PI without the user having to exist on PI?

I found a PDF called SAP PI 71 Principal Propagation where principal propagation with SAML is described - however, judging from the image inside the document there needs to be an existing user on PI system. Is there any way we can pass on the logon ticket through sender and receiver adapter?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan Ernst,

Yes, users needs to be maintained [Link1|https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/341e7676b74002e10000000a155369/frameset.htm] [Link2|https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/9cd6bb533e2c0be10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm].

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay so there is no difference in this regard between SAP Assertion Ticket and SAML?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

okay so there is no difference in this regard between SAP Assertion Ticket and SAML?

--> There is a difference in these two. Assertion tickets are generated by SAP PP components whenever user's contexts have to be propogated from Sender System > PI(java)>PI(ABAP)--> PI(Java again) --> Receiver System. In each step assertion tickets are generated and they are valid only for short time.

About SAML is different from Assertion ticket, this protocol explains how to authenticate once identity by checking the certificate that may be issued by third party CA.

Thanks,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, my issue is just that I got word that I wouldnt need to create a user on PI using SAML but according to this thread this is definitely not the case?

thanks for the clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You can refer WS adapter help lenk in order to know more and how you can use SAML using PI WS adapter.

Thanks,

RK

Answers (0)