cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order type creates a project. How do I change this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create a certain sales order type, it prompts me to enter a network type and a standard wbs. I do not want this to happen. How do I change this? Can any one help me with this?

Edited by: Esi Ojior on Sep 1, 2011 2:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define a new requirement class in OVZG with Assembly type 0, acct assignment category D. Assign this requirement class to your item category.

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the incompletion procedure in VOV7 for your item category and go to OVA2 and navigate to the procedure under sales-item group. Mark those fields (WBS element, network) as warning / remove the fields.

But please make sure that this will impact all other item categories too which uses this incompletion procedure.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. I have checked the Sales Order Type and the Item Category. There is no in-completion procedure assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you creating by copying standard types or creating from scratch ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the scenario: When creating a sales order with a particular sales order type, after entering the material, a dialogue box pops up asking for you to network parameters (std WBS, network type etc). I do not want this to happen since I do not want to create the project at this stage. How do I stop this sales order creation from asking me to create network parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you use a different order documnet type during the create.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know I can do that but was thinking I could identify why that particular sales order behaves like that. Thank you for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be besause that orde type is configured inline with Assembly Processing in PS. Details for this is available in SAP documnetations.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you just check if any Billing plan is assigned to Sales order Type or Item Category through T Code OVBP & OVBR respectively.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Billing Plan Type assigned to the Sales Order Type or Item Category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is also as assignment of Task List Type with the Material Type. So if it is happening for certain materials then you can have a look on this also.

Best Regards,

Ankur