cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SKUs in Packing Determination - AFS Packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I am trying to pack AFS materials in Delivery. We have assortment packing where SKUs of different materials are packed into a single carton. I am maintaining both the materials in a single packing instruction.

And while maintaining the Packing Determination records, I am choosing more than 1 SKU. But in the delivery the SKUs of a single material are getting splitted into two cartons and each carton is having only one SKU of a material where as the requirement is all the skus of both the materials are to be packed in the same carton.

Please reply.

Regards,

Naren Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am able to pack 2 materials in a carton. But I am working on AFS materials and I want more than one SKU to packed in a carton.

SKU are also maintained as batches. I am ticking the 'Mix ID' and taking more than one SKUs in POF1.

But in the sales order the SKUs are getting split into 2 cartons whereas all the SKU are to be packed into one carton only.

I also tried using the icon suggested by you. But system is not saving with that check box ticked .

Please tell me how to do this.

Rgds,

Naren

former_member1224230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to change your packaging instruction if you want to achieve that (pop2). Here is what SAP says:

Mixed Materials Allowed in Packing for Reference Material

Specifies that, for packing instruction items with a reference material for materials packed in the same way, several materials can be packed together in one handling unit.

Use

If you set this indicator, more than one type of the reference material can be packed together in one handling unit.

If you do not set this indicator, each handling unit only contains one material.

Examples

Packing instruction with reference material: 4711 100 pc.

Materials to be packed:

Materials RefMat.in MatMaster Qty to be packed

4711-01q 4711 50 pc.

4711-02 4711 50 pc.

If this indicator is set, then when the packing instruction is expanded, one HU is created, containing 50 pc. of material 4711-01 and 50pc. of material 4711-02.

If this indicator is not set, then the system creates two HUs: one containing 50 pc. of material 4711-01 and one containing 50 pc. of material 4711-02.