cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard SAP PI Standard SOAP Message Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to find some details of the SAP PI message structure that will be passed between systems.

do all messages have a soap envelope and payload? if so, how is that made up? is there a "Standards" document that explains the full make up of the message?

we are sending data to another "integration hub" and they wish to have the full details of how they will receive the data so they can process it to the correct place accordingly... (this is likely to be over HTTP and JMS so hopefully the same message structure - not including payload structure) will remain the same....

i have seen the multiple sections within SXMB_MONI yet i wish for some explanation of what is visible by a target system...

does that make sense?

just to reiterate this is not related to payload structures, but the overall message that encapsulates the payload - if there is one at all....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

All messages within PI are encapsulated in a SOAP envelope. But if you are talking about the message structure that should be receoved by the target system, it depends on the kind of message your receiving system would like to receive. But normal scenario, only the message structure in the SOAP Body which is the payload is sent to target system. But if your receiving system is requiring the data to be enclosed SOAP envelope with SOAp header details, then your receiver adapter like SOAP adapter will be able to send the target message with a SOAP envelope.

Regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you both for your input!

i have worn so many hats (Data, ABAP, Basis) over the last few years, it is actually nice to get back and do some PI work.. 🐵

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

The message protocol used by SAP NetWeaver PI is based on the W3C note SOAP Messages with Attachments. Please check this [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/bd87a00e7d0783e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm] .

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee