cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control the Business Processes of System Status in Proj. Def.?

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When a Proj. Def. is in "Business Complete" System Status (CLSD), I would like to control no data is allowed to be changed, except undo the CLSD.

In SPRO, I could onlly fine the similar setting in WBS status profile, but could not find system status profile for me to define and set which business processes is/are not allowed.

Is there anyone know how to do so please?

Thanks & regards,

James Chan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James,

It is possible to control business transactions for system status through transaction code BS22. However, this is not the best practice at all.

I do not know exactly what you want to control, as you almost can't do anything in a project wih CLSD status. Maybe, you can automatically set a given user status when the project is closed and then you control the business transactions through this user status. It's a better way to do it. What you think?

Hope that can help you out with your problem.

Best regards,

Ivanna

0 Kudos

Dear Ivanna,

Really thanks for your swift reply.

In my system, when a Proj. Def. is in "CLSD" status, many of the fields are not grey-off for display only.

Instead, most of the fields are allowed to change.

In CJ20N, when I check on the "Transaction Analysis" of a project's status after "CLSD", I can see the "Create Change Document" is "Allowed".

Is that the cause why most of the fields are allowed to change?

How can I make it as "forbidden"?

Thanks & regards,

James Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You may use BS22. But it's not advisable. This is what you are suppose to do.

Create a user status ZCLD and make it to SET status for the business transaction Complete ( CLSD)

Means when you change the status to CLSD, system automatically set the user status ZCLD to PD

Now make your settings for this ZCLD based on your requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may control this by adding a user status. When you are in OK02, click on the Object Type and check PD also. So that you can control it at PD level too

Edited by: psconsultant on Sep 1, 2011 8:27 AM

0 Kudos

Dear psconsultant,

Thanks for your reply.

OK02 is for setting the "User Status".

As I said before, I want the setting on the "System Status". It has no status no., and no highest or lowest status no.

Regards,

James Chan