cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many import maps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Does anyone know what is the maximum import maps that can be created and saved.

We would like to build about 5 000 predefined import maps, each map being a unique scenarios for the End-User to choose from when preforming an import.

I would like to know if the map table can hold that many maps?

Many thanks in advance.

CH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I think MDM can hold so many maps but incase you are going for automated import using ports and maps it can be big performance overhead.

How do plan to import the data and how is user going to select his map from 1000s of other maps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I never came across such a huge 5 000 predefined Maps requirement, I feel it can involve some performanace issues. So I would suggest please check with SAP for the feasibility and impact of such a huge number of maps.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed, will have to check with SAP.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

This solution is not ideal but it is a business requirement, we need to setup unique maps that the user can select which will assist them when importing the link between records and taxonomy. Our users will not use the automap function in import manager and we need to try and make it as easy/simple as possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chris,

In that scenario I would request you have a relook at the data model,possibly redifining the problem can lead to more viable solution.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to go the Portal route for such a requirement.

Use custom code to provide this facility to the end user.

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

Can you please advice on how we can perform bulk material uploads using portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris

May you provide more deeply business process description and business people requirements?

I don't think so you need so many maps for import data, moreover why you dont want to use import server for this operation?

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

In the above post you mentioned about record and taxonomy attribute linking,please elaborate on this.

I would like to say the links between a record value and taxonomy attribute value depend on the way it is designed.

Once a taxonomy has been designed and say you have 5000 attributes in that.

Each class in that taxonomy will can be linked to the attributes defined for the taxonomy.

for example if I have a class Fan and have attributes like Weight,Height,RPM etc, then only RPM or relevant attributes are linked to that class.

It is important to understand that records are not linked to attributes but they hold the value of Class and they have relevant attributes value with them.So the link between record and attributes in established as classes are linked to attributes.

Thanks,

Ravi