cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Kernal Upgrade SAP is not coming Up and not able to connect a to DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i have upgraded ECC6.0 700 kernal patch level from 159 to 291 but after upgrade kernal SAP is not coming up and not able to enter into SQl promt at OS level

Up grade procedure i have followed is as below

1)download kernal patches from SAP and uncar patches and STOp SAP

2)Stop Services

3)copy and paste in exe and instance/exe directoies

4) before starting SAP i have excuted sapstartsrv.exe from run and given all information except username and passsword

5)started all services

To start sap i have opened MMC but i was supprised there is no DB server icon and am not able to see workprocess table there

if i give os level as startsap name=sid nr=nr sapdiahost=hostname but it is not coming up. Not able to connect to DB and R3trans is giving 12 return code

Please help me to solve this.

ECC6.0, DB is Oracle 10.2.0.2 OS windows 2003 sp1

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may be related to a security patch released by Microsoft that is not installed on your system:

Note 1375494 - SAP system does not start after applying SAP kernel patch

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Sorry for late reply, was busy with some other work..

it has been solved by changing Orcle environment parameters and changing sapstartsrv file to point to right startup profile.

Thanks<

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Why did you executed step 4 ? There was no need of it. Probably this is the reason you are in problem.

Ok now try to confirm whether DB is up or not. I see you are not able to logon to SQL prompt. First did you try to start Oracle Services ? Please start them if not done yet. Then logon to SQL prompt at command prompt and start Oracle DB using sqlplus.

Please check R3trans -d command and r3trans.log file before doing above activity and re-check this one after DB starts.

Paste the logs if possible.

Then try to put up sap services and mmc ...

Thanks