Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Processing from SAP to 3rd party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subject: Sending Idocs to external system

Hi ALL,

We have an existing scenario from SAP to 3rd party sys,In which Idoc would be processed from SAP to 3rd party and vice versa using ALE.We got to do the same by using XI.Third party is capable of accepting an Idoc. Hence we should not do any mapping in the XI. We should pass the Idoc as it is without mapping? Could you please tell me how do i do that?

In the same scenario I used the File receiver(FTP) adaptor and Idoc is coming to Integration Engine but Couldnt reach the target directory.If i see in the adaptor monitoring it says

"2006-08-24 10:36:58 CEST: Error: Message processing failed: ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

- 2006-08-24 10:36:37 CEST: Processing started "

If i see the SXMB_MONI,

<SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessagingException: Connection timed out: connect: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" /> "

I appriciate if anyone could help me with this?

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a Inbound Interface which should have the message type of the IDOC. Configure the receiver as File adapter and there is no need for mapping.

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

What is your Scenaio.. File to IDOC or IDOC to File?

If there is no mapping to be done, then just use the IDOC itself as the messagetype for your File outbound / inbound interfaces.

Rest of congiguration wil be the same. No Message mappoing and interface mapping as the source and target interface contain the same message type.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash & Bhavesh,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Scenario is Sending an Idoc from SAP ECC to 3rd party using HTTP. Here 3rd party can accept the Idoc. For the time being im using FTP receiver to test Whether Idoc would be received by FTP receiver adaptor. I was getting some prob while doing this as i mentioned in my previous mail.

So I was under the impression tht we must do message mapping , so i took source, targets types as Idoc, mapped then mapped Interfaces.So i can skip that right? or else i shd do anything else?

Thanks

Kiran

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

<i>For the time being im using FTP receiver to test Whether Idoc would be received by FTP receiver adaptor. I was getting some prob while doing this as i mentioned in my previous mail.</i>

Just check what the error in the File adapter is. Make sure that you have used the IDOC itself as a Message type for the File Inbound Message Intreface.

Regards,

Bhavesh