cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynrpo ALV filter issue

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In web dynpro ALV we have one column called Article . I am trying to find the article 661-2689 by using Standard SAP filter option but the Article is getting converted to 000000000000000661-000000000000002689 . This zero appending happens when I choose the Filter/ Press enter key . It does not find the article by using Filter option .

Our system version is SAP_BASIS 700 . Please let me know if there is any solution to this ALV Filter issue .

Thanks in advance,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to change the property "Display Leading Zeros" to "Zeros as Blanks" in the context attribute for the filter.

Or may be you need to the FM 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT' in the OnFilter method before to apply the filter...

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Please let me know how to set "Display Leading Zeros" to "Zeros as Blanks" in the context attribute for the filter. Is there any method which we need to use for this .

Regards,

Kiran.

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

It depends on the attribute's data element. If it's NUMC this property is automatically displayed in the context in the bottom panel labeled "Formatting".

But if you are trying to do it whit Article i think the data element is MATNR of type CHAR, so this property will not be displayed.

May be, you need to convert the value assigned to your filter field before to trigger the filter. I think you have created an action for the event "onFilter" in your table, so in this action before to do "wd_this->table_filter->apply_filter( )" maybe you need to use the FM CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT in order to quit the leading zeros.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Otherwise try by changing the datatype of that attribute.

I think as of now datatype is numc (10 ), now change it numc or dec without any length. and try again.

Regards

Srinivas