cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLB generate transfer orders even if there is no stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have an issue wherein when TLB is executed, transfer orders are created wven if there are no stock.

The settings in ATD Receipts is it should only consider unrestricted use stock. However there are open Purchase orders in the past which are not yet received. Does this cause the system to propose TLB Orders?

Thanks,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Raymond,

If the category for purchase orders is considered TLB-eligible then past-due PO's will be included in the calculation for ATD Receipts. I know you've said that the settings are such that ATD Receipts will only include unrestricted stock, but I'd challenge this notion in your case. Check the location master and the product master, as well as the Planning Book itself to determine if ATD Receipts is indeed including only "CC" or may it also be including Purchase Orders or "BF"??

From SAP help regarding ATD Receipt category group: You can specify this field in both the location product master and the location master. When Deployment is carried out, the system first checks whether the category group has been specified for the location product. If not, the system checks the entry at location level. If no category group has been defined for the location either, the system uses the standard category group ATR.

So, if nothing is assigned in the product-location or location master, then ATR is used (which by standard has BF). Also, remember that the product-location master "trumps" the location master per above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, I understood. We have maintained the ATD Receipts in Location MAster.

We have configured the ATD Receipts so it will only consider Category "CC" which is stock. SO I'm wondering why it would consider past PO.

Thanks,

Raymond

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

The system should not consider PO's as available at all, past or future, if the ATD Receipts category group excludes them. So you are saying that you have a category group assigned in the location master and NOT the product location master? What does the ATD receipts KF say in the planning book? Does it have the quantity from the open PO?

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Just clarifying also that the location master which matters is the source location. And the product-location master at the source location will trump the source location master itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ATD Receipts Key Figure is purely unrestricted valuated stock.

Stock On hand value is the one which will add up atd receipts and the total receipts (PO's, etc.).

Yes this is maintained in the source location master.

Thanks,

Raymond

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Deployment and TLB will not generate an order unless a value is present in the ATD Receipts key figure. SOH is not relevant to the Deployment/TLB calculations. The reason I was asking if the PO was included is because if PO's were actually being considered as available-to-deploy, then the quantity would appear in this key figure. The standard Deployment heuristic and TLB run processes consider this key figure as the "source of truth" for this information.

The only other possible conclusion is that stock was present during the run and has since been removed/decremented. Or, that a calendar inconsistency caused the TLB to double-count existing stock. This can occur when deployment and TLB are run inconsistently (for example, TLB doesn't "respect" the period factor whereas deployment does). If this is the case, you can run at the daily level to mitigate future inconsistencies.

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

One more thing - you could look at the goods movements in ECC to rationalize this as well if my hypothesis is correct.

Edited by: APO Implementer on Sep 1, 2011 5:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs. We are running the deployment daily. However we have a period factor of 0.5.

Based on the goodsmovement in ECC, there is a stock on August 15,2011 which is monday(Start of the weekly period). The stock is 1,350. However on the same date, Aug. 15, the stock is already moved to a different location (DC). SO my stock is 0.

when the deployment is run on Aug. 16 (Tuesday) and Aug 17 (Wednesday), 2011, the log says it has an ATD (Available to deploy) of 1350.

However, the deployment run on Aug. 18 (Wednesday), the ATD is 0.

There are no goodsmovement from Aug 16 to 20 as per the material documents.

I do not know if the period factor affects the Deployment run.

Thanks,

Raymond

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Two possibilities I see. Since this doesn't seem to be occurring in a "loop" even despite the continued existence of the past-due PO, the stock GI that was recorded on 8/15 was most likely not communicated correctly to APO. Option 1 is that this was a genuine inconsistency in CIF, later resolved by running the /SAPAPO/CCR reconciliation process (perhaps there was a blocked queue, etc.). Or Option 2 is that the integration model for stock was deactivated for some time due to an error in refreshing CIF or regen/reactivate via RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2.

Once again, sorry I'm not able to provide better detail but those are my best guesses given your fact-set. Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I agree.  I think TLB will simply aggregate the Deployment Stock Transfers that exist.

If you have no stock, then you should not have any deployment stock transfers.

TLB does not care.

Ken

Answers (0)