cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SRM 7.0 POWL setting possible at Client or global level ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We have SRM7.0.

We want to set some specfic & common POWL layout - View for ALL users, so every users do not need to create separtly . I craeted some view , but other people can not see it. I beleive it is pretty Standard, but we have requiermnet that the VIEW we create from the setting ( top-right corner of relevant POWl) should be accessed by other Users ?

Can anyone suggest whether it is possible by some config settings or some enhancement ? If yes, how ?

Thanks

NAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "Setting" link you referred to is the current user's personal setting. It does not have impact on other users. To configure the look and feel of POWL for a larger group, consider running the following transactions in SRM Server:

POWL_CAT Maintain POWL categories

POWL_EASY Easy-POWL Feeder Builder

POWL_QUERY Maintain POWL Query definition

POWL_QUERYR Maintain POWL Query role assignment

POWL_QUERYU Maintain POWL Query user assignment

POWL_TYPE Maintain POWL Type definition

POWL_TYPER Maintain POWL Type role assignment

POWL_TYPEU Maintain POWL Type user assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay.

These T -codesd are for setting of POWL Catagories and not for setting Views/its layout.

Is anything for setting Views/its layout for all users ?

Thanks

NAP

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

that list of transactions was not really wrong, just some information missing...

What you can do to create an "admin view" is go to transaction POWL_QUERY in SAP GUI. Select the query you'd like to change and go to the details, e.g. SAPSRM_E_CHECKSTATUS_01 for shopping carts. Click on Layout variants to open the query in your browser.

In that browser window you can enter whatever settings you like. Then save it under a name with no more that 6 characters, a window asking for a transport request will come up. When you are done with this close the browser and go back to SAP GUI.

In the details of the query enter the name of your layout (no more thatn 6 characters) in the field layout. Note that there is no search help available for whatever reason. Now the layout is assigned to everyone.

In order to be able to see the new layout you have to delete the saved setting for your user / every user by running report POWL_D01. Note that you can select both the APPLID (would be SAPSRM_E_CHECKSTATUS in our example) and the User in the report.

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

You are genius ! Thanks . Very Useful Answer.

I tried to get it, but not working. Little confusion.

I want to set some View in the std Query "Public Template" in the Op Purchaser Role. I beleive it have query id "SAPSRM_OP_PURCHASING_01_05".

1. In SRM web Browser ( Not Ent Portal) I created one View "NAP" for this Query.

2.Then in transaction POWL_QUERY in SAP SRM GUI I entered the "NAP" in field Layout, in detail of query SAPSRM_OP_PURCHASING_01_05 and saved. TR generted from it.

3.Then I ran the report POWL_D01 in SRM GUI by selecting APPLID as "SAPSRM_OP_PURCHASING" and User "TESTUSER" ( who want to use my created View) and deleted the only entry with query id SAPSRM_OP_PURCHASING_01_05.

But still TESTUSER unable to see the View "NAP" when he log on to the SRM web browser.

Can you please suggest what I done is correct or anything is missing ? Do you refering Layout as VIEW that I expecting ?

Thanks

NAP

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

when you dreated that query "NAP" did you start in transaction POWL_QUERY. You need to go to POWL_QUERY, details of your POWL and click on "layout variant". Then a browser opens with just that POWL and you can create your layout variant.

When you save a popup asking for a transport request should come up.

Then you enter the name of the layout variant in POQL_QUERY, details of POWL, field "layout" and rund report POWL_D01 again.

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

So nice of you Marcus !!!

I done it .(butI did not ran the report POWL_D01 ..still this created views disaplayed in all users POWL.Thanks .)

Another thing.... We have requierment to set below in the query in "Quick Criteria Maintaince" , to make it availble at global/client level.... and uses should not able to change it...

1.Set some sp values for some fields("Show my Team Carts =Tickmark" or "Status=Saved.., "Timeframe=1 Year"...etc )

2.Make some fields grayed out ( Read only)

3.Rename the Std Query

4.Delete/Add some Std Queries.

I see in the transaction the button "Query Parameter" and "Query Setting" in transaction POWL_QUERY for query id SAPSRM_OP_PURCHASING_01_05 and I rename the Query ..set some values in "Quick Criteria Maintaince"a nd set one filed "Read only" ..but it is not reflecing in the SRM web browser...even after refresh..

It will be very appricaited if you can suggest me on this.

Thanks in advance !

NAP

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

if I were SAP Support I'd ask you to open a new message now

Anyway, you can all the things on your list in transactions POWL_QUERY and POWL_QUERYR. Mostly query parameters and query settings.

Remember to always run report POWL_01 when you change any settings relating to POWL. Otherwise the changes won't be reflected on the screen.

You shouldn't delete existing queries. Instead deativate them in POWL_QUERYR, details screen, flag "activate". When you want to create a new POWL take a look at note 1410793. It will give you a good idea how this can be done.

Best regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcus.

I don;t have any problem to open new thread, but to make continuty of relevant subject...continuing this thread..if requiered let me know I will resolv this and open new thread...

1.Confused about the report POWL_01 . There is no any programe POWL_01 .

I beleive you mean POWL_D01 . some typo error....

I saw this report (POWL_D01) is named as "Delete queries from database"...which I executed..

2.I deativated query in POWL_QUERYR, by unchecking the flag "activate"...but it still shows teh Query in SRM web browser ? Not getting why it do not reflect ?...

Can you please throw more light on this ?

Thanks

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcus.

Resolved all doubts. Thank you so much.

Actuallty I was scaring to run that report. After running it my ew setting get applicable.

Thanks. You are really genius !!

Thanks

NAP

Answers (0)