cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVCs for New Products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Experts,

Here is my thoughts for creating new CVCs and I need some more information to it.

/SAPAPO/MC62 - Demand Planning -> Maintain Characteristic Values

Option 1: For new products (low volume), you can create it manually in APO DP

Option 2: Have the CVCs created in a spreadsheet, and create them by choosing the target POS and the worklist option (File Upload)

Option 3: Load it in the Ohistory cube and then use the 2nd (above) option to create the CVCs (Info Provider upload

My questions:

(1) Is there any other options available for creating CVCs for the new products?

(2) What is the advantage of option 3 over option 2?

(3) What is the common process among other clients in generating the CVCs for new products?

Thanks in advance for your time and comments.

Thanks,

Uthira.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uthira,

All three are commonly used. You also didn't mention a fourth method, using a custom program.

It depends upon what objects are being planned (e.g. are you actually planning individual products, or are you planning product groupings), what is the volume of new objects to be planned, the purpose of the planning, how critical it is to get the latest objects into the planning area, what is the marketing strategy for the new products.. There is no single best answer.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you DB49 for the prompt reply. It will be for the individual products which will be forecasted 6 months before the product is shipped. Can you tell me more about the custom program if possible with a small example?

Thanks,

Uthira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uthira,

Sorry, I do not offer advice for Z programs. Such information is restricted by non-disclosure agreements I have signed.

Perhaps one of the other experts would be willing to offer some assistance in this matter. You also could raise your question in one of the ABAP forums.

Best Regards,

DB49

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uthira,

Let me tell you couple of custom solutions which can be used to automate CVC creation.

==============

Solution-1

Every material has reference material in ECC.

When new material are extracted from ECC into APO Infoobjects , the reference material can also be populated as a attribute for new material in the infoobject.

Whatever CVC exist for Reference material can also be created for the new material by just replacing Reference Material value with New Material Value like wise.

This solve requirement of Automating the CVC creation.

==============

Solution-2

Flatfile(*.csv) containing new product informamtion will be upload on unix directory(AL11) by business.

Flatfile would follow certain predefined format and will contain actual values required for CVC creation.

These flatfiles will be loaded into Infocube by a scheduled job once a day/week. Additionally you can have another job for concatenating all new product FF file for the day and create one FF and upload that into infocube by scheduled backgrd job(infopack).

Finally CVC will be created by referring above cube. Make sure you select Adjust Time Series Objects and Results Log checkboxex in CVC creation variant.

==============

Above just a few solutions which can be developed. You will have decide the solution which suites the business requirement you have in your project.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare