cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass parameters to Xcelsius in NW Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleagues,

When I need an Xcelsuis SWF to call another passing parameters I usually pass them through the URl with the syntax http://server:port/path/file.swf?param1=value1&param2=value2 and so on. Otherwise, if the dashboards are published within the BO Enterprise system I may use the opendocument interface syntax which works fine as well.

Now I want all the dashboards to use bics. Doing that, they are published in the portal and the methods above no longer work. I searched a lot on SDN and the web and the best I came up with was the information below:

/message/3163098#3163098 [original link is broken]

- I tried this one with relative succes, but it seems like the parameters are not exposed to the swf but to the underlying query instead.

Do you know if what I'm trying to do is feasible? Is it possible to pass parameters to an SWF in the portal?

(I'm running Netweaver 7.01 ehp1 sp5 and Xcelsius 2008 SP3)

Thanks!

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your scenario with the Direct connector to BW and integration of your dashboard into the NetWeaver portal the Query parameters you describe are the best option. This connector does not support Flash variables (what you are using in other scenarios). It only supports URL parameters which, you are right, are really query parameters.

Another option is to use the External Interface connector which allows parameters from and to an HTML wrap page via Javascript. This means you will use a generic web page iView to open an HTML page that embeds the dashboard. You can then pass parameters to the HTML page which pass them onto the dashboard. It will likely quite some work to develop and also maintain.

Answers (0)