cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Jobs Running Twice at the same time

marc_saulnier
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, I would like to know if they are any ways to prevent a release job to run twice at the same time. For exemple, if I create a job to run every 5 minutes and the job did not finish after 5 minutes, the scheduler will start the same job agains. This situation causing us bad issues.

I double check the job start conditions in sm37 but I found nothing special.

Thanks for help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

We use a workaround. We have asked our abap developpers to write a small utility report which checks if the job it is part of is already running and aborts the job if it is the case.

When we need a job which must absolutely run only once at the same time, we just add this utility as first step.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possbile using SM37 by default.

SAP Central process scheduling (Redwood CPS) has all these features.

Regards,

marc_saulnier
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier, we already do the same thing directly in the main program. It's a good idea to separate the check on a dedicated program. I will check the redwood option in couple of week. It's already installed in nerweaver 7.3 but ... lack of time to configure.

Thanks agains for help

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the job is time triggered then I guess we cannot do anything. If the jos is taking more than 5 minutes, then simply change the periodicity. If it is event triggered then , check if we can control that event.