cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch Integeration Builder - Java Web Start - Unexpected Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am not able to launch the Integeration builder. The ESR has no problem and is working fine though.

Here is the exception :- com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.appl.ApplicationImpl

I have tried below options already :

1. Cleared the java cache under - javaws -logviewer

2. Go into administration and inside Directory --> Java Web Start Administration clicked "Restore archives and generate new sign."

Strange part is some of my colleagues here doesnt have any issue while opening the Integeration Builder. In fact I dont have any such issue in QA and PROD environment. The issue is only in DEV environment. Please advice.

Anshul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with:

- Reinstall Java 1.6

- Check for Internet Options in your Browser (if PI System is in your local network, flag "do not use proxy ...")

- Check if PI hostname is declared in your Hostname File

- Clear Java Cache

- If you are under a ProxyServer, try to set proxy settings in Java Control Panel -> Network Settings

ps. if you are on a XI System (and not on PI), Use JRE 1.42

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to restart J2EE server.

Are you SAP PI behind a firewall?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Usually restoring the archives will help resolve the issue.

If the issue is occurring for just yourself maybe you could check that you are using the correct java version. e.g. for for 7. 1 java version 5

Also please refresh the Java Web Start:

If it's a Windows terminal, select Start - Run - javaws to launch Java Web Start and then clear the cache. File -> preferences ->

advanced -> clear folder button

If you have later versions of Java and doing the

Start -> Run doesn't give you anything, then select Start - Run and type Control and hit Enter. Double-click Java in the list

that displays to view the more up-to-date Java Control Panel. In the General tab, select Settings from the Temporary Internet Files section. Click Delete Files to clear the cache and then log into the Integration Builder again (download will be longer as jars will be cached locally again).

If the problem still remains I would advise to check that the latest patches have been applied for XI_TOOL, and also the other components MESSAGING SAP-XIAFC SAP_XIAF SAP_XIESR SAP_XIGUI

Regards,

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your response. However the options which you have suggested, I have already tried them and it's already mentioned in my thread initially.

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your System Release, and your JRE Version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question -

Release - NW711_05_REL

Java Version - 1.5

Also as I mentioned in my message before, I dont have any such problems in QA and PROD environments,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually, this is an issue of Hostname File definition, Java Cache or Internet Settings.