cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsaved changes for Customer tab of cProjects in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can you advise me of how to trigger a prompt for unsaved changes of cProjects in the customer tab? If the user hits the refresh button on the browser? It is prompting a pop-up warning message for changes made to the SAP Standard fields in the standard tabs, but not for the custom fields in customer tab. I would greatly appreciate your help if you can advise me on this. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

just go to the interface IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION (or the individual methds) in SE80

and click on the button "Where-Used List".

Kind regards,

Florian

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used "PPM" for "SAP Portfolio and Project Management". "SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0"

is the unified successor of both "cProjects 4.5" and "SAP RPM 4.5".

Yes, since 4.0, cProjects uses the approach I described.

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thats great. I will implement the same and will update here. Do you know of which component can I find the "Work Protect mode" implementation in the SAP Standard tabs? Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

for usage in portal, you have to use the so-called "work-protect mode" of the portal.

To do so, please check interface IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION which is used by

PPM.

PPM sets via method SET_WORK_PROTECT_MODE of the interface the work-protect

mode to CO_WP_MODE_APPLICATION_ONLY and informs the portal that there are

unsaved changes by using method SET_APPLICATION_DIRTY_FLAG (and resets it

after the next save).

You can follow the same approach.

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

This might sound simple, but could you please elaborate PPM? Also, could you please confirm if Standard cProjects Application is using the "Work Protect mode"?

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You can implement a subsystem, and use methods PREPARE_TO_SAVE.

Please have a look at sample one with standard documentation: CL_DPR_DEMO_SUBSYSTEM

You can copy sample class CL_DPR_DEMO_SUBSYSTEM into a custom one.

Then, the method PREPARE_TO_SAVE will be called by the system at save action.

You can here implement your own logic.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have already implemented the subsystem for saving the custom data on our custom tab. The problem is when the user is accessing the cProjects application through Portal and has done some changes in the custom tab, and the user hits the browser refresh button. It is not prompting the user for saving the unsaved changes! Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Regards,

Gopal.