cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver FCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having an issue in reciever FCC, where my last field being 10 space and each record is separeted by a new line, the last field gets trimmed for the space, Could you provide your inputs.

For example, my output record shd be like, without trimming the spaces at the end.

1 2 3 4 5 6 <10 spaces>

1 2 3 4 5 6 <10 spaces>

1 2 3 4 5 6 <10 spaces>

1 2 3 4 5 6 <10 spaces>

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using fieldFixedLenghts in FCC?

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m only using Records.fieldFixedLengths specifying the lengths of all fields including the last field which contain spaces and Records.endSeparator as nl.

This works fine if i provide the last field with some characters instead of spaces. Also I have tried checking the same by providing blank spaces in the mapping, it works fine and provides the necessary blank spaces in the target payload, but when the file is written in the target folder as flat file, the space gets trimmed. Should there be any change in the processing type (binary/test) and File encoding.

please provide some inputs.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go through this:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a dummy datatype on target message type and fix the datatype with 2 tabspace as Constant. I think this should work for you.

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any further inputs, to get the blank spaces in the last field of the Flat file (FCC).

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

Can u please change in the mapping use concat function with spaces and in configuration use fixed fieldlenghts as last column value 10. U will get the taget file with spaces.

Its working fine for me. Place the courser at the end of the record and count the spaces.

Thanks,

Enivass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It works fine within the Message Mapping, even if try to map a constant with 10 blank spaces to the target field. But problem is that when the target file is created the file has only the field values other than the last field.

Please share your inputs.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just used 3 fields in target side and given fieldFixedLengths as 3,3,10.

it is giving 10 field spaces for last field....

Thanks,

Enivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Could you please provide more details. Do you want me to concat an constant (empty value) with another constant (10 spaces) and map to the target field.

Also could you please let me know the other parameter which you have specfied in receiver file adapter (FCC), under the processing tab (file type and encoding), Content conversion parameters (i have used only (Records.fieldFixedLengths and Records.endSeparator)

Also have you specified any other module like localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean (under processing sequence), if so please provide the details.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes same thing do the respective mapping in IR.

Only 2 parameters Records.fieldFixedLengths and Records.endSeparator enough in receiver FCC.

not required any transform bean.

Thanks,

Enivass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried this, but this also doesn't work. The flat file generated still doesn't have the empty spaces in the end for the last field. Could you please provide the processing parameters which you have specified.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Processing Parameters:

writemode : directly

File type: Binary

Content Conversion : fieldfixedlengths and endseparator i used the file is created as below.

I am unable to attach my output file but its working fine for me

Thanks,

Enivass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya,

u can try

'0x0A''0x0D'  or '0x0A''nl'

an check in the end separator.

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you specified <message>.fieldSeparator in your receiver adapter?

Meybe the parameter <message>.absoluteRowWidth=<noOfColumns> can help you.

Take a look at this document:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/686e687f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Regards,

Diego Estanguini Gabriel