cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOT MATRIX PRINT is not coming correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am printing the invoice SMART FORM useing the DOT MATRIX printer,the page format is custom page format of size 285mm width and 386mm height. In the print preview it is displaying correctly .

But when I take the print useing the Dot matrix printer the alignment in form is not the same in the printed one and as a result the output is coming is much smaller . I have used 15 CPI .

But when I changes the CPI(CHarcter per Inc) in the printer to 12 then the item record is getting overflowed to the second line.

Not sure what needs to be done so that the measuremnts that I gave in Smartform will align with the measuremnt in the dot matrrix .

Kindly guide me.

Regrads,

Senthil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which device type do you use to create the spool and print? You mention a dot matrix printer so I guess you use a line printer device type like e.g. EPESCP9. Check the commands stored in the printer initialization action for the device type

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> EPESCP9 -> Formats -> <Zxxxxx> -> Printer Initialization

In her you need to put commands to tell the printer the page size etc. Check against the commands in a standard page format like DINA4 or LETTER.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,,

I want to add the command but replicatring the command in the LETTER format

1. OKI341

2. reset

\e\0x40

1. select codepage multilingual 850

\e\0x52\0x1A

1. disable skip perforation mode