cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach file to object in ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I need to attach file to the business object in ERP. Which options do I have?

More specific: I need to attach PDF file to the QM Notification from MII. This file should be seen as attachment in GOS (Generic Object Services) for this object. Anyone faced task like this? I'm trying to find some usefull remote-enabled GOS FMs for this. It would be wonderfull if there is a way to do it without ABAP.

Best regards,

Petr.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

The only FM I found with a quick search was SGOS_DOCUMENT_CREATE_DIALOG, but I don't know if it is remote enabled or would work for your purpose. Otherwise, I would suggest that you discuss it with an QM expert. You may have to build a custom FM/RFC and that does mean ABAP.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michael,

Thanks for answer. No this FM is not remote-enabled. The only one, that looks like siutable is SGOS_NOTE_CREATE, but I'm not sure what exactly it serves for and if it can create attachments. QM expert do not know I guess GOS is a cross-component.

Best regands,

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

If someone is interested.

Found usefull [blog|http://friendlyabaper.blogspot.com/2008/07/oh-my-gos.html]!

And maybe it is even possible to do it without ABAP: adjust for needs of attachment and simulate SGOS_NOTE_CREATE FM by calling 3 remote-enabled FMs that it uses (SO_FOLDER_ROOT_ID_GET, SO_OBJECT_INSERT, BINARY_RELATION_CREATE_COMMIT).

Best regards,

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Petr ,

My requirement is also similar to this.

I have to attach PDF file in inspection lot.

Please keep us updated about your progress.

Thanks

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anshul,

I've started parallel thread in ABAP section, so it might help you:

[;

All my investigations are just theoretical, because I have no access to MII at this moment and I will be able to test this solution only 1-2 monthes later. So, if you will realise this case, please, keep us updated also.

Best regards,

Petr