cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM time out after 0s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use mobile barcode scanners, connect them to SAP through HTTP (service is based on ITS mobile).

Users requested to increase the time-out after which their mobile sessions are terminated.

I have set TIMEOUT=0 in icm/server_port_0 parameter (HTTP port in ICM), increased value of icm/keep_alive_timeout to 15000, rdisp/plugin_auto_logout to 16000 so that user context is deleted 1000 secs after end of http session.

Now users are disconnected (almost instantly) and get the following ICM error when working with scanners:

Error: - 5

Version 7000

Component: ICM

Error Tag { - }

Detail: Connection to partner timed out after 0s

Seems that this is related to string in icm/server_port_0 with TIMEOUT=0 but according to parameter documentation,

the value 0 means that the value is determined by the parameter icm/keep_alive_timeout.

Could you please help here.

Thanks,

Igor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Igor,

my documentation (ECC 6.0) says that -1 deactivates the Timeout. Maybe you want to try out?

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

my documentation (ECC 6.0) says that -1 deactivates the Timeout. Maybe you want to try out?

Well, this sounds reasonble since after disabling ICM timeout there is the rdisp/plugin_auto_logout parameter alone that should cut off the bond. Do you know if this works as I expected, so icm/keep_alive_timeout wont be taken into account..

I wonder if there is a kind of best practise for icm parameters when dealing with SAP through HTTP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Igor,

i did not try this out in detail, but to be sure that only rdisp/plugin_auto_logout is taken, you should set icm/keep_alive_timeout also to -1.

Regards

Christian

Answers (0)