cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Sales Order Creation for Customers with specific AccountGroup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have 2 Accont Groups for Customers namely Actual & Prospective.

We wish to allow Enquiry / Quotation and Order creation for customers with Account Group ACTUAL and wish to allow only Enquiry and Quotation creation for customers with Account Group as Prospective.Is there anyway i can apply Sales Order creation block on an ACCOUNT GROUP on whole and not on Individual customers...

Regards

Sanjeev Bagaria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked in Partner deternimation, but your requirement does not seens to fit in SAP Standard.

I guess you will have to apply a User Exit - User_Exit_Save_Document which will check the Account Group & Sales Document Type.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

By your proposed solution, would an Order entry staff be able to start creating a sales order, and ONLY at the saving stage the system shall permit or not permit the creation of sales order number?

Thank you, in advance for your explanation.

Furthermore - for my learning - is it that first a code has to be written for account gr. and then put in to the user exit you have mentioned?

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 31, 2011 12:43 PM

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Typewriter,

Refer to Raghu's post above, he has explain the process technically.

The Enhancement (User Exit) need to work in such as way that as soon as End User enter Customer Code and other details in Sales Order & presses Enter, the User Exit has to trigger & check the Customer (entered by End User) Account Group & the Sales Document Category (C - Order).

If the Account Group is Prospect & Document Category is C then it would give a warning message & give option to either change the Customer or exit the Sales Order create Screen.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I did this through Listing Inclusion / Exclusion.

(1) We created a new Customer Group 99 for Prospective Customer

(2) We then created a new Condition table xxx with Customer Group & Material Type(as footer)

(3) We then created this new Access Sequence Customer Group / Material Type to Exclusion Procedure B00001

(4) We then assign the Exclusion Type B00001 to Sales Documents ZDOM & ZEOR our Order Sales Documetn Types

(5) And finally we created a record for Exclusion with 99 Customer Group and Material Type as FERT..

This now restricts creation of Sales Orders for all my Prospective Customers provided Customer Group is maintained in Customer Master. We are now also able to make Enquiry / Quotation and Sample Sales Order for Prospective Customers sicne we have Different Sales Document Types for all these and have assigned Exclusion only to normal Sales Order Document Type.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions provided.

Regards

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

You can block the account to create Quotation and sales order but wont be block to create enquiry.

do the following step to block at quotation and sales roder level.

Only you need to put Order block in Selected Sales Area as a "01 " Overall block in T Code VD05.

With this block you will able to create Enquiry but wont be possible to create quoation and sales order document.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There seems to be no direct link between account group to sales doc type.

One way to acheive this is using exit..but you've to look for field exit on the customer number field or find a suitable screen exit for VA01, SAMMV45A program screen 4001.

You can also look at MV45AFZB, FORM USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAK which triggers as soon as the user presses enter.

Regards

Raghu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 questions -

1. Have you thought about how to handle when a prospective customer becomes actual customer? would you change the acc gr. or.....?

2. You have mentioned, block creation of sales order for customer, could you please explain how to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi typewriter, your question 1 is a valid one..good point!

Sanjeev, you would have to think about this if you implement what you're saying..

Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Typewrite

Yes the account group of the customer will be changed when it becomes actual customer.

Regards

Sanjeev

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please "think about the consequences throughly", if you want to change the account gr. of customers.

Any effect on - already created IN, QTs? Is partner procedure accurate for "both" account grs? What other things can happen...?

For me a clearer way would be - have Distribution channel = ZT (temporary customers) and when they become permanent extent the CMR to Distribution channel = ZP (permanent customers).

Permit sales doc types IN, QT for sales area with ....ZT....

Permit sales doc types IN, QT and OR for sales area with ....ZP....

rather than changing such a core element like acc. gr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Typewritter,

Understand your point....

Dear Jignesh any thoughts on the point raised by Typewriter.

Regards

SANJEEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

The point is valid by typewriter..and here is a suggestion:

Keep all the account groups same.. when creating a Sales Order from QT{ assuming that for the perspective customers SO is always created with reference } and just put a simple check in the user exits I've already mentioned.

Also if needed by default put a customer group to all such pespective customers.

And yes you can think of the option given by typewriter too..if it is ok with you creating a dist channel..though it involves some manual activity all the time of extending customers.

Regards,

Raghu.