cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to revenue account of another company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone guide me if we can attach a revenue account of another company code to our conditons, as in if any revenue has to be charged to tenant but posted to a sister company code under same chart of accounts through our contract conditions??

Veena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veena,

Accounts are assigned on Chart of Accounts level, not Company code level. Check in SPRO - Flexible Real Estate Management (RE-FX)- Accounting - Integration FI-GL, FI-AR, FI-AP - Account Determination - Replace Account Symbols.

If your RE objects are created in the relevant Company Code (that you are basing your periodic posting on) and your Company Codes are using the same Chart of Accounts, i suppose there shouldn`t be any problem to carry out postings in different company code.

I am curious to let us know if this is possible.

Hope my input is helpful!

KR,

Severina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Severina,

I saw the settings in replace account symbol. I wanted to know if someone can help me understand better, since my understanding is as below.

Since if there are two active companies and the user posts in company code A, the sytem recognizes that we are running a periodc posting in cc-A and need to post in rev acc X (in cc-A).

Then when we run for cc-B, system would recognize the PP is in ccode-B and help us post in rev acc X in cc-B.

But can my contract in CC-A, have a condition which will post to account X in cc-B, i dont see a config setting where this cross correspondence happens.

Business case : We may have a levy (revenue) of some sort is charged by company code "A" to their tenant and posted via cc-A contract to revenue account of cc-B. I dont think this is doable.

All Experts, any experience please advice.

Thanks

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

I had one experience like this.

I my scenario i needed to create two account entries for two company codes, and this was necessary because for each contract i had conditions common between the two company codes.

The solution were to implement a badi : REEX_FI_BAPI in RERAPP and RERAPPRV and then too functionality were preserved; I don't found any customizing that could help me in this scenario.

I hope it this can help her;

Good luck

Danilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can look at using the third party management in REFX. which allows you to create mandate company codes. As the scenario u r looking at is very similar to third party management.

Regards,

Deepak Mahto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the perpective of third party management. In our scenario, it is only one kind of charge to be applied to a tenant and posted to another company code, hence i dont see the effort of using third party management, is worth the single scenario.

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Danilo,

In your case you posted the same entry has to be duplicated to two company codes, in my case, i want to post one condition to only the second company code, the posting should not happen to the periodic posting (first) company code?

Is it doable through your suggested solution??

Veena