cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see all messages in sxmb_moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cant see old messages in moni like 2 days back i tested with 50 files and i check them today by that date it will show only some messages which are in error/cancelled manually. i cant see successfull messages . But when i search by message id it will show the messages. But when i search by the date it will not show the messages.

Even in the archive list i could see only 2 years back archives with status set as delete.. Are the messages i have been testing since an month are archived?

If so cant i get those messages displayed in "sxmb_select_messages" FM as we wrote a report to show the count of messages processed per day and this behaviour is affecting the output of it.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also check the retention time you have set in your system for the archving and deletion. Transaction SXMB_ADMIN -> Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods. Note that only messages which are in a final status are deleted or archived, which would explain why you are seeing messages in error or cancelled states after a set time period.

See note #872388 'Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI' for further info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.. Is there any FM/Table which can show the archived messages also with both date/msg interface and msg id like moni.... as sxmb_select_messages is not able to show the archived messages.

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you take a look at the following documentation:

[Selecting Archived Messages|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/fc/e6173d3215cc40e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Sap Note # #1463896 'Archived XML Messages (Search Using ID) - replaced

It is part of the archve infrastructure that you can build your own info structure for an archiving object. In this way you can make all fields searchable that the object offers.

You can create a new infostructure within transaction SARI -> Customizing. When you create the infostructure you can then add the fields you wish to this archiving infostructure.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably successful messages are being archived, and not deleted. Check Archiving in SXMB_ADMIN transaction, for your purpose.

However, archived messages are in a different table from standard messages:

SXMSPMAST2 (SXMSPMAST): This table contains runtime information on XML messages processed by XI; in this table you can find all the information that is visible in SXMB_MONI.

SXMSPHIST: XI Messages - Master History table

Try to check where message is.