cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to place JAR file used for JAVA Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have developed a JAVA mapping (not an adapter module) using some classes of a custom JAR file. This JAR file is not available in the SAP PI server. Hence when I try to upload the JAVA mapping (as zip) in ESR I get an error message.

Can you please let me know where exactly do we need to place this JAR in the PI server so that the JAVA mapping runs without any issue?

I am using PI 7.1

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj ,

when you are using the external jar files in eclipse or netweaver development studio, please import the jar files into your package (using file -> import menu). By this all the class and java files will be imported in your package.

Then run this code once or use (project->build all). Then you export the java and class files again to form the jar/zip file to PI server. This zip will also include the java class files and source code (if any) from the external jar files(which you have imported earlier), thus there is only one jar/zip file to be uploaded in PI server.

Hope this helps.

regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you both for your replies!

Yes I have included the external JAR file in the NWDS (as External Libraries) and also the code is compiled without any error.

Let me try with the import option which you mentioned and get back with the results.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I am at NWDS --> File --> Import --> should I select J2EE -> J2EE Utility Jar -> Create JAVA project from Utility Jars -> Select my External Jar.

Am I doing the above steps in correct manner? If not, then can you please rectify?

Also while exporting do I need to take care of the steps to be followed?

Thanks.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Please use the option ZIP or jar file in (select an import source). Before that select the package wher you need to import, i.e where you have written your source code.

regards

Anupam

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Pankaj,

Could you please kindly confirm whether you were finally able to place the jar file in PI server?

one small request, if you feel your questions in forum are being answered properly, Please kindly if possible close down the threads. This helps people who look out solutions to similar problems in future. If the threads are closed , then we know for certain that the solution has finally worked.

regards

Anupam

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by: anupamsap on Sep 1, 2011 2:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Apologies for the delay; I was on leave for the last few days and hence could not close the thread.

Regarding the issue: It was solved after the procedure mentioned above was implemented.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You may attach the custom jar file in a new Imported Archive if it cannot be included in your ZIP file for your java mapping program.

Regards,

Jenny