cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the nature of SNP optimizer linear method? when should we use it?

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

what is the nature of SNP optimizer linear method? when should we use it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNP Optimizer Linear method you can use in case where you don't have any discrete constraints like Product Lot size, Rounidng value, Fixed consumption in Resource, Sequence depedent setup optimizer, T-lane lot size etc.

Let me know if you have any specific query.

Vipul

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your concern,

Acctually, i want to know the nature of Linear method such as how it works?

Please, explain for me in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Linerar method is technique of operation research.

Based on objective functin (here minimize total cost), it finds variables values (variable here are production qty, stock transger qty, storage qty, etc).

The difference between linear and discrete, the way it finded the solution.

Linear can suggest production of 5.2 EA but discrete will suggest 5 or 6.

Regards,

Vipul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Expert Shah has already given you a nice high level overview of SAP's use of Linear Programming as it relates to SAP optimization. There is more available online; http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/09/707b37db6bcd66e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

It is not the function of these forums to teach Linear programming basics, any more than it would be to teach, say, calculus basics. If you are interested in knowing LP functionality in detail, then I suggest that you enroll in a Linear Programming class at your local university. Back in 1978, Basics of LP was a single semester class in my Business Administration undergraduate curricula.

Here is the Wikipedia entry, which offers a few more details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_programming

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)