cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Periodic Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

got a user's requirement that they want something like a "installment" billing. They will sell a customer an item for a fixed amount and customer will pay for it over a period of time (monthly). I was thinking of using periodic billing in S&D but hit into some problem; the monthly bill amount is fixed till the last month.

For example, the item is sold for $35K and will bill customer evenly over the next 12 months. However, $35K divide by 12 doesn't give a whole number, it will give $2,916.66666... Round off to 2 decimal point, it will be $2,916.67. Hence I should be billing the customer for $2,916.67 for the first 11 months. For the 12th month, I should bill $2,916.63 to get $35K.

From what I understand of periodic billing, I need to fixed the amount for each month. In addition, I am not allowed to change the amount in the billing plan items.

The only solution I can think of is to create 2 line items, the first is periodic billing for the first 11 months and the 2nd one just for the last payment. However, this solution is too cumbersome.

Does anyone has such "installment billing" requirement? Is periodic billing the solution for this? Or do I need to go manual and create individual billing schedule?

Regards,

Norman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Norman,

You can delete the last line item in the billing plan in the sales order.

Then click NEW ENTRIES and feed the relevant date as well as the balance amount.

Save the sales order.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried and both methods does not work.

Seems that for periodic billing plan, the "rounding" condition type (at header or item leve) is applied to every billing items in the billing plan.

As for the putting new entries, the amount column is still greyed out and cannot be changed. The amount is still fixed from the billing plan.

Regards,

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bill the customer every month at 2916.66 for c

For over a 12 months value will be 34,999.92

Then in last month billing add one condition as rounding difference as 0.8 then it will become 35000

Kapil