cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning object could not be determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

When we are using location Heuristic for mat1 and loc1 combination we are getting the error "Planning object could not be determined". I did run program /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE , om17 tcode and other programs as suggested on sdn.

But still we are getting the same error. User had made changes to APO master data of the material and had changes the

SNP stock transfer horizon from 7 to 0. Can you please suggest me some ideas to resolve this issue.

Also i did check /SAPAPO/TSQUEUE table and it is empty. /SAPAPO/TSQMLO has 2 entries in it.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you able to perform a Heuristic run on other product-location combinations in the same planning book/data view? If not, then it could be an issue with the Planning Area configuration. You'll want to make sure if you are using a custom planning area that the key figure aggregate detail is identical to the standard planning area. If you are using a custom planning book, try to perform a Heuristic run on the same product/location in the standard planning book. See if the same issue occurs.

If you are seeing this error in the standard planning book as well and it is not specific to a single product-location combination, I'd suggest contacting your Basis team to ensure that the liveCache connection is up/active/set correctly.

However, if the issue is both unique to a certain product/location and also occurs across planning books, the consistency checks are all I'd have to suggest. Seems that you have executed most of these already, but /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK isn't one that you listed so you might try that as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply .. I did try running this product /loc in different planning book. But we still have this issue.

Also i am facing the issue for jst 1 mat . Rest all of them are fine. I did excute the program which you had suggested but still no luck.

Please help

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

One thing could be some corrupt transaction data which exists for the product-location. Since I am assuming you are in a test environment (or at least hopefully you are), could you try clearing relevant orders which are saved against that material and affect the planning calculation?

Just brainstorming at this point. Running out of ideas. Sorry

Others are more than welcome to chime in...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Looks like the planning situation had changed before the planning run...did you make changes to the resource, PPM/ PDS, TLane etc before the run? OR are there any irrelevant or old orders left for that mat-loc combination which point to the old planning objects (Tlane, PPM/PDS, resource etc)?

If so then please delete these old orders from the system, correct the above said planning objects and look at the below notes, if helpful:

Note 509504 - Planning object could not be determined

Note 497540 - Planning object could not be determined

Note 492688 - Deleting orders before executing the heuristic

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In test i deleted the tlanes and recreated it and it works fine. I prd i am not able to delete orders cause they are in transit. Is there any way to find out orders for a specific mat-loc . if you guys can provide me that i will try deleting them.

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try looking at the orders for the mat-loc combination using:

/SAPAPO/RRP1 or

/SAPAPO/RRP4

Answers (0)