cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI System Support Pack Upgraded from 04 to 07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In PI system basis people upgraded support pack 04 to 07.

how i will check the PI system functionality after upgrading support package 04 to 07...

first basis people upgrated in PI Development system. after they will do in PI Quality and PI Production.

is there any effect on PI existing interfaces once it comes to live system production..

can any one please help me on this.

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
first basis people upgrated in PI Development system. after they will do in PI Quality and PI Production. 

is there any effect on PI existing interfaces once it comes to live system production..

backward compatibility is provided so if you upgrade a SP then your existing interfaces will continue to run without any issue/ modification.

The only thing that you need to take care is that all your environments (DEV, QA, PROD) should be on same level so that transport of objects is not affected.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You should run the checks in the guide attached to note #817920 XI Readiness Check. This will let you know if the basic system functionality is ok after the SP upgrade.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

As others told there is no harm in existing interfaces. One thing that i want to share is that, in previous pack if you have applied any SAP Notes and done any manullly changes/modifications then you need to da the same after upgrading it to higer SP level.

Regards,

RK

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Service pack up gradation would not harm existing interfaces,so you no need to worry about that.