cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop floor control for inprocess inspection

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In our business we do inprocess inspection in SAP system. So inprocess inspection I have maintained 03 inspection type in material master, so system create inspection lot at the time of order release and business do result recording there. But in our case production pep can do conformation of order before QC pep complete result recording. Our business requesting to production to hold conformation before QC do result recording if applicable.

Now to setup this req in system I have maintained shoop floor control at following path:

SPRO > Production> Shop floor control> confirmation> define confirmation parameters

here I have maintained - "Results Rec. (QM)- Error message if no Insp results exist", but still production pep do operation conformation @ CO11N before QC do result recording.

If operation is applicable for QC then operation conformation should do from inspection lot, not from CO11N.

Can you guide me if I am missing something. Reply highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

The setting you have done in OPK4 is correct. Just ensure following 2 points furthermore.

1. You are using inspection characteristics having control indicators as required characteristic and fixed scope.

2. The control key you are using and which we maintain at operation level should not have milestone confirmation.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. Yes, MICs are required and fixed scope, but how MIC these control indicators are depend on operation conformation?

2. I'm not understanding this point. Can elaborate more on this?

Thx in advance.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

I try to explain!

1. Go to CA02 operation view.

2. There you can notice that every operation in routing has one work center and control key like PP04.

3. Go to popup menu of control key or simply click control key once and press F4.

4. Scroll down up to you operation related control key appears. Click on that key once and press F5. (go to detail view of it)

5. There, under confirmations it should be 2 i.e. confirmation required.

6. As per my experience if you use control key having 1 (milestone confirmation), the error message set in OPK4 doesnu2019t work.

I am unsure about control indicators as required and fixed, but it workd for me in the past when I came across the same issue you are facing.

Regards,

Anand Rao