cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDTXT1AID does not copy all entries as seen in OVTX

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! We are upgrading from R3 to ECC6. I know we have to run program SDTXT1AID to copy the texts from TTXER to TTXERN. However, there is something which I don't quite understand after running the program.

If I check table TTXERN against the old table TTXER, the number of entries are the same.

However, if I check TTXS in R3, there are more entries than that in TTXER and TTXERN (in the new system). So, when I run tcode VOTXN, I found the number of entries is the same as TTXERN but are missing entries that are found only in TTXS.

Does the mean I have to manually maintain those entries?

Regards

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer OSS notes Note 615451 - Missing text IDs after upgrade and Note 708300 - SDTXT1AID: Data from TTXS is not transferred

You can also try in t.code VOTXN, check the radio button for the text object and go to menu texts ->generate sequence. Do this for couple of objects and then check the tables. If table entry improves, then do this for all the objects.

Regards,

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I have gone through the 2 notes. Have to said that I did not run RVTEXTE with 'G' as I thought that has to be run pre-upgrade. I guess I mixed up with note 900607 where I have to run the same program with 'Y'. Unfortunately, this problem was discovered only after upgrade so I suppose I can only run RVTEXTE with 'G' after upgrade?

So, I proceeded to running this program followed by SDTXT1AID but it still does not add the other entries into new table.

Regards

SF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like if the entries between TTXER and TTXS are different, there is a discrepancies and SAP will not propose those for bringing over using the conversion program. We will have to manually add those entries if valid.