cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer Reservation in spite of Purchase Requisition in MRP run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are running MRP heuristic on the PP/DS and we have different results comparing our development and productive environments.

In our productive environment purchase requisitions are generated and in our development environment stock transfer reservations are generated as result of the MRP run.

Where can I check differences of configuration that would be causing this?

Thanks and BR

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may need to check the low level code. Before MRP run, you should detemine the low level code by Stage-Numbering Algorithm.

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claire,

The heuristic for determine the low level code didn't solve the problem. I still have stock transfer requisition in spite of purchase requisition as result from the MRP Run.

I run the production run with following sequence:

Step 1 - SAP_PP_020

Step 2 - SAP_PP_002

The result is the same with this production run.

Thanks and BR

Mauricio

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

Are you using same example between the 2 system? Are you using storage location MRP area in the transportation lane? If so SAP APO can define to creates a stock transport requisition or a stock transfer reservation in customizing /SAPAPO/MRPACUST01.

If a transportation lane from the plant to the subcontractor exists, the system can also create stock transfer reservations.

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claire,

We have same scenarios in both. We don't have MRP areas defined but in our dev system we have the TA /SAPAPO/MRPACUST01 with flag Processing with Stock Transport Requisitions marked, but even if I unmark this flag I have the same behaviour.

Both plants are included in the same company code, so it's not a scenario of subcontracting.

Thanks again for your help,

Best Regards

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mauricio,

Don't just dismiss transportation lanes, It doesn't have to be subcontracting. Basically any plant related sourcing can trigger Stock Transfer Requisitions.

So, review your transportation lanes. Check Plant > Plant, also check Vendor > Plant, if your OLTP is ERP, for the vendor that is assigned to the source plant in OLTP (see this in table T001W in ERP). You can quickly compare the master data differences between Dev and Prod by executing transaction /SAPAPO/PWBSRC1 in both systems.

By the way, which one do you actually want? PR or STPR?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Thanks for the update I'll check all data. I'd like to have PReq.

BR

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

I've checked transportation lanes and it seems to be equal, data in table T001W is equal as well for the source location.

We would like to have Purchase Requisition (category AG).

Thanks and BR

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mauricio,

I guess I was not clear in my suggestion, I apologize. Differences in T001W between ERP dev and prod will not necessarily generate your problem, differences in sourcing within APO between APO dev and APO prod will generate the differences. I only mentioned the vendor number because a transportation lane can exist 'source plant > destination plant', but also you can have a transportation lane 'vendor of source plant > destination plant' which would also have an impact on the type of req created.

Easier to check the sourcing, //PWBSRC1, mentioned earlier. Your dev system should contain no objects that relate to Stock Transport orders. You can delete the STO sourcing records within that transaction, which will also delete the material assignment to the Transportation lane. Hopefully you will then get the default external supply proposal, which is normally a Purchase req.

Also check for presence of quota arrangements //SCC_TQ1. Delete any that unnecessarily refer to an STO object.

Best Regards,

DB49