cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical WBS element in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue where I need to post a statistical WBS element to a sales order (which SAP is giving me an error). The reason it has to be statistical is so that a cost center can be specified in the 'control' tab of CJ20N. This will then allow us when creating a PO, to specify the WBS element and auto post to the cost center.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Could I post to another cost object in the sales order while keeping the WBS element statistical?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This isn't possible in standard. For further information about the possible accounting objects see SAP note 43875.

But there is a workaround that I can provide:

When you enter a statistical internal order in the sales order item and in this internal order you store a statistical WBS element on tab "Assignment", then at posting the invoice besides the real co posting on the profitability segment there is also a statistical

posting on the internal order and a statistical posting on the WBS element. Therewith the revenues of the invoice are also on the statistical WBS element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Your workaround seems very interesting. Just to clarify:

A statistical WBS element is linked to an internal order. In the SO, I enter the internal order in the 'order' field and fill in the profitability segment (what is the difference between this and profit center?). Finally at invoice, there are 2 postings - one on the real CO posting (profitability segment) and the other on the statistical WBS element?

If this is the case, do you know how/have a link on how this can be configured?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ive done a test in the system now when posting with a statistical internal order linked to a statistical WBS element.

In the controlling document, there are 3 posts. One to the internal order (statistical), one to the cost center (statistical) and finally one to profitability analysis (real). Why is the profitability analysis a real posting? Should it not be the cost center linked to the WBS element that is real?