cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best automation tool for creating bulk master data

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the preparation phase of performance testing and need to automate the creation of master data objects like articles, stores, bonus buys and promotions.

Since we require a bulk of data like 10000 articles which should be listed down to 1000 stores, can anyone recommend the best automation tool to be used within SAP.

We need to create this data in retail ERP system.

Also we have considered using eCatt scripts to create this master data but this is time consuming so i am not sure if we can use LoadRunner, Process Runner or any other tool for the same purpose.

A quick response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

What about LSMW.have u tried.

Thanks,

Jansi

0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't used LSMW till now as i understand it requires the article master data along with the listing in a flat file or external file format.

Can you suggest anyway to create such a file where i need around 10000 or more articles.

And also do you have any idea how we can proceed further to create stores which needs to be used for listing of these articles.

Regards,

Nitin

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can you suggest anyway to create such a file where i need around 10000 or more articles.

So do you have that data already? Or is this to create demo environment?

> And also do you have any idea how we can proceed further to create stores which needs to be used for listing of these articles.

"Stores"? as in Internet shop?

Markus

0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I dont have that data of 10000 articles yet and i am looking for the most efficient way to create them.

Stores are the sites which is used while creating articles in the Listing procedures.

Basically my objective is to list each one of 10000 articles over to 1000 stores.

Thanks,

Nitin

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I dont have that data of 10000 articles yet and i am looking for the most efficient way to create them.

To create a CSV file you could use Excel and copy the entries - or use a local script (Unix sed/awk) with the necessary fields according to your customizing in the retail system.

Markus