Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPORT TYPE IN NOTIFICATION

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

While create a notification system asking report type there we can see various type of reports

1.can any body explain what are difference between each type\

2.normally which one we need to select for internal notification and vendor related notification

3.is it possible to fix in report type for example when ever we create a Q3 type system should select a particular report type

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor

Dear Faisal,

I try to explain!

1. Basically this report type is related to the views you get when you record the defects against inspection lot in QA32.

2. Letu2019s say you have selected report type 0000040 (which I generally always prefer to select for all types of notifications) you can record defect, cause, defect location and activities in the same screen. You can observe this effect after double clicking in defect line item.

3. Likewise if you select any other report type it behaves as per the descriptions maintained against it.

4. It depends on your requirement what details you would like to capture while creating notification. If you are only going to record defect and causes thereu2019s no point in going for 40.

5. Check the effect by putting different report types and decide accordingly.

6. Its very well possible to fix the report type for particular user. Click on user specific setting and set this as default value.

Regards,

Anand Rao

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear anand

i try to create a defect by report type 40 but it seems like 20 to me ,like i normally use 20 and this time when i use 40 all the feature like 20 is seems same....any other setting is required?

and aslo pls tell me how to make user specific setting?

Faisal

Edited by: Muhamed Faisal on Sep 1, 2011 2:01 PM

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

The user setting for making report type default is as follows,

1. Go to QA32 and select the lot

2. Then click on u201CCreate defectu201D icon.

3. You will be prompted to put report type there. Just above to that there is icon for user specify setting. Near to u201CIu201D

4. The short cut key is (Ctrl + Shift + F11)

5. Give there suitable report type and save. Next time onwards you need to specify report type.

Regards,

Anand

Hi Faisal,

I forgot to mention about difference in various report types which I have experienced while carrying out defect recording against inspection lot in QA32.

1. First of all select type 00000020- Defect type, location in QA32. (after selecting lot and clicking on create defect tab)

2. Select at least one defect from popup menu there so that item overview contains at least one defect.

3. Double click on this line. You can record defect location there.

4. Now donu2019t save this and select same lot. This time go for report type 00000040- Def. type, location, cause, activity

5. Key in at least one defect and double click there. You will notice that you can record defect location, cause and activity in this screen now.

Anand

Edited by: Anand Rao on Sep 2, 2011 10:58 AM

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

Thanks

Faisal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

.Please go through SPRO - Quality Management - Quality Notifications- Defects Recording-Define Report Type

Here you can find different type of Report types.

Madhankumar